Author Topic: Program Change for selecting custom voices?  (Read 3008 times)

Ricky

Program Change for selecting custom voices?
« on: August 12, 2018, 10:55:58 AM »
Hi all

Is it possible to select custom voices, saved on the harddisk, via midi program changes (MSB, LSB, PRG#)?
I can select the ones in the Custom/Preset-section (063-000-xxx), but I don't know the MSB and LSB for the voices on the harddisk.

And I can't figure out how to move them from the harddisk to the preset-section, if that's possible at all.

TIA

Ricky

Offline Normanfernandez

Re: Program Change for selecting custom voices?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2018, 06:20:36 AM »
The Voices are on the PC hard disk?
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline overover

Re: Program Change for selecting custom voices?
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 06:33:29 PM »
Hi Ricky,

Tyros4 has only ONE Custom Normal Voice Bank (MSB 63, LSB 0) and ONE Custom Drum Voice Bank (MSB 62, LSB 0).

To use Custom Voices on Tyros4, they MUST be INSTALLED (by using INDIVIDUAL LOAD or LIBRARY LOAD). When you only COPY .uvn/.uvd files to the Tyros4's hard disk (but not install these voice files), these voices can NOT be used!

BTW: On Tyros4 the installed Custom Voices can be selected in PRESET tab, but the Wave data of the Custom Voices are stored in the FLASH ROM Expansion module, when the voices are installed.

Best regards,
Chris

P.S.
User Voices of either Preset or Custom Voices (and saved to User drive or internal hard disk) can NOT be accessed via MIDI, in principle!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 06:40:38 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)