Author Topic: YAMAHA GENOS after RD-2000 and KAWAI ES110  (Read 2522 times)

vadesriux

YAMAHA GENOS after RD-2000 and KAWAI ES110
« on: August 10, 2018, 10:05:17 AM »
I am selling my Roland RD-2000 + KAWAI ES110 and buying a Yamaha Genos, for two very different reasons.

1-KAWAI ES110: The best piano sound I have ever listen to / played in my entire life. It is a real joy listening to the quality and dynamics of Kawais piano sounds. Beautiful, delicate and strong in the lows. The keybed is very very good also, with a light touch that keeps your fingers from beying tired after a while like it happens on the majority of digital piano keybeds. But then?... what was the issue? The repetitions. When you play a key repeatidly the second note comes out muffed. You can adjust the dynamics yes but it does not function well. Maybe it has to do with being only a 2-sensor keyboard? I dont know... Sad for selling it but it will help buying the (very expensive) Genos.

2-RD-2000: The second best piano keybed I have tried. Super comfortable and lots of dynamics also when playing with it. Hiper packed with 1100 sounds, lots of MIDI control over anything you connect it with. Issue? The piano sounds. Having two piano engines doesn't help when the piano sound does not sound like a real piano. It may seem not true but it is. All of the (many) piano sounds, there is not a single one that comes even close to the ES110 sound. Maybe due to Roland not being a piano maker. I dont know. Also selling to make money for the Genos.

3-GENOS: Main reasons for buying: Auto accompaniment + FSX keybed + Low weight. Auto accompaniment is something you can only find working perfectly on arrangers. You can buy arpeggiators, synths, etc but only on arrangers this feature works flawlessly. FSX Keybed: having owned a Yamaha Motif XS6 I fell in love with this keybed. Super light and not fatiguing in touch, allowing you to play into the keys (black and white), without having to apply a stronger touch like it happens for instance in Fatar TP/9s and so many other keybeds. Low weight: yes it is so very important. The Motif XS6 was 15kg- 2kg heavier than the Genos. Believe me, it may not seem much but I guarantee it makes a huge difference. Any kilo above 11 or 12kg will feel quite heavy when transporting on your shoulder.

Hope to have helped future owners!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 11:27:37 AM by vadesriux »