Tyros Keyboards (5 Boards) > Tyros 5 (SFF2)

Altering PITCH BEND RANGE on T5

<< < (2/2)

andyg:
Why do you actually need a 1/4 tone setting? When teaching my students how to use the bend wheel properly (and it's always popular, most of my youngsters calling it the 'twanger' as they're likely to use it on guitar!), the first thing I get them to do is set the range to 1 semitone. The next thing to to is to impress very firmly on them that they don't need to move the wheel all the way! Move it halfway and there's your 'natural' 1/4 tone bend or smear. Move it less and you can create very delicate bends. Move it more and you can get some good guitar bends and even apply it to things like vibes! (Yes it's possible, do some googling if you want to know how!) But it still won't exceed a semitone. I make them practise using the bender - the amount they move the wheel and, equally importantly, when to move it) until they get it right, just like they practise anything else.

For things like guitar and trombone, we can set it to a wider range and for synth, all the way up to 12. But that initial tuition and practice of smaller movements stands them in good stead.

gary3917:
Thanx for clearing that up Andy !!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version