Author Topic: How create a Set list using registrations (not banks)  (Read 4649 times)

edtek

How create a Set list using registrations (not banks)
« on: August 07, 2018, 07:44:28 AM »
I have one registration per song so 10 songs in a bank.  Can i make a list of song registrations for a set list.  Ie: Say I have say 10 reg banks with 100 songs (10 songs per bank).  I want to create a set list with 20 songs which are currently scattered around in the 10 banks.  Can it be done easily without switching between banks and regs in a gig?

Currently I create a list of the songs for the set.  Then I create two new registration banks.  Then I call up the reg bank containing the first song I want, select the song, then switch to the new reg bank and save the reg to the first position in the new bank.  Then I have to switch to the bank with the second song and so on.  I have to do this for each song in the set.  Is there an easier way?

At first I thought the playlist would do this because people kept saying you could save regs in the playlist but what it really saves are reg banks which I guess is useful if each bank contains one song.

Offline John T4

Re: How create a Set list using registrations (not banks)
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 09:28:13 AM »
Hi
I know this is not helpful, but why?
Surely by doing this you are missing a HUGE part of what the Genos,or tyros, can do..
If you create one bank per song, even if it only has one registration in it, then problem solved.
Play list can be used , search can be used, and you have the ability to add extra registration settings, which will make you performance so much more varied.
And if you use a kick switch to move registrations then even more options are available..

As you are I dont think playlist can do what you want as it only looks for banks and not individual registrations

regards  John

Offline Stijn

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 09:42:01 AM »
Hi,
I think you may find the answer in this post:

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,45817.msg360600.html#msg360600

And you can make different playlists for different occasions.

Regards,
Stijn
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 09:56:30 AM by Stijn »
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

Offline AlBags

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 11:23:28 AM »

Hi Ed ..

I also just added my 50 cents in that above linked post, too.

Hope all suggestions help you out!

Al.
😊  I started out with nothing .. and I've got most of it left!  😊

🎹 Tyros 5-76,  now the brilliant Genos 🎹
Genelec 8030C Studio Monitors on K&M stands
K&M Spider Pro Stand, K&M Accessories. I love K&M!

edtek

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 12:30:50 AM »
Thank you all for the suggestions and the link to an interesting thread.

The thought of creating hundreds of single song named banks is rather daunting.  I understand that more than one reg per song would give more options and if I do this in the future I will bite the bullet and create a bank per song.

My present method of creating new set banks and copying the set song regs to them might be the easiest right now.  One or two banks cover an hour or so gig depending on how much talking I do :-)

The bank search feature is interesting but it only takes a second to find a song in my alphabetized list and I never have to search at a gig since the gig list is already done (I don’t take requests :-).  An individual reg search would be nice though. 

Again thanks for the advice.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2018, 04:24:12 PM »
Thank you all for the suggestions and the link to an interesting thread.

The thought of creating hundreds of single song named banks is rather daunting.  I understand that more than one reg per song would give more options and if I do this in the future I will bite the bullet and create a bank per song.

My present method of creating new set banks and copying the set song regs to them might be the easiest right now.  One or two banks cover an hour or so gig depending on how much talking I do :-)

The bank search feature is interesting but it only takes a second to find a song in my alphabetized list and I never have to search at a gig since the gig list is already done (I don’t take requests :-).  An individual reg search would be nice though. 

Again thanks for the advice.

You can add to playlist all your 10 registrations from a bank as different records!
As I understood, you have a registration bank and 10 songs in that reg bank, one song for each registration!
You will have to add the same reg bank for 10 times in the playlist. For each record added in playlist, activate its registration number by editing that record (Select record and press Edit button). In this way you have created a record in playlist for each registration in registration bank.

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos