Author Topic: Bonus - playlist  (Read 4329 times)

SussexDave

Bonus - playlist
« on: August 06, 2018, 04:04:32 PM »
Question. Having upgraded firmware to version, I’m having problems accessing the bonus playlist downloaded from the Yamaha web site. Downloading to usb stick and unzipping all completed ok. However when pressing playlist with stick in usb 1, l get the folder structure and can select a folder. When I select a folder, this appears as a single file on the screen which lists all the songs ok when I select playlist. However, when a try to load any song, I get the message ‘File not found, or file name inappropriate’.
I’ve tried different usb sticks and made sure the download is in the route directory of the stick but all to no avail.
I know some of you have had trouble with this and I’ve researched previous posts but I’m now at a loss - next step will be to take the keyboard in to Bonners in Eastbourne unless one of you has an answer?

Offline zionip

Re: Bonus - playlist
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 05:14:27 PM »
Your bonus playlist problem is a path problem, and it has nothing to do with the firmware level.

You should download the PlaylistForGenos.zip to any of the hard disks on your PC / Mac, not directly on your USB drive:
https://usa.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/7/1132987/PlaylistForGenos.zip

Then you extract the PlaylistForGenos.zip on your PC / Mac.  Then use Windows Explorer / Mac Finder to go down the path to locate the very last occurrence of "PlaylistForGenos" folder in the path and copy that "PlaylistForGenos" folder into the root directory of your USB drive.

On Windows, for example, if you download the PlaylistForGenos.zip in C:\Download\Yamaha\, when you extract the PlaylistForGenos.zip, it will create C:\Download\Yamaha\PlaylistForGenos\PlaylistForGenos folder.  If your USB drive name is U:, then you need to copy the folder C:|Download\Yamaha\PlaylistForGenos\PlaylistForGenos to U:\.

If you copied C:|Download\Yamaha\PlaylistForGenos to U:\, then the playlist will be broken as it expects to find the component files under U:\PlaylistForGenos, not U:\PlaylistForGenos\PlaylistForGenos.

Thanks,
Paul

The following users thanked this post: Jacob, Mikk, valder

SussexDave

Re: Bonus - playlist
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 05:22:02 PM »
Thanks for your correct diagnosis. I had got a duplicated folder and once I removed, the playlist worked fine
 :)