Author Topic: Help: Expansion Voice Editor  (Read 10308 times)

Mendel

Help: Expansion Voice Editor
« on: July 29, 2018, 11:25:19 PM »
Hello Guys!

I am kindda a beginner in this;
I wanted to put on good sfx on my keyboard
so i captutured sfx from online from audacity and
exported it as wav 16-bit PCM (i hope thats
highest quality for drum kit/voice on 970),
and downloaded EVE (expansion voice editor)
anyway.. i applied the wavs on each note.. exported
to yep imported on YEM and put it right on my keyboard..
but when i played the voice it just played 0.5sec of the sample

why is that? how can i make it play the whole sample[and for some of the sample when i leave go of key than stops]? is there higher quality i can put it up to?

Thank You,
Mendel

Offline overover

Re: Help: Expansion Voice Editor
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 11:41:53 PM »
Hi Mendel,

you do NOT need this "Expansion Voice Editor"!

The Yamaha Expansion Manager (YEM) has his OWN Voice Editor built in:

You have to make a new, empty Pack in YEM (My Packs - - - > Create Pack) OR use an existing (NOT copy protected) Pack. IN this Pack make a new, empty Custom DRUM Voice. Then simply double click this new, empty Voice, and you will be able to import your own Wave sample files (one for each key). The format of the Wave files should be: 16-bit / 44.1 kHz / Stereo (. wav /.aif /. aiff).

To prevent the sound from stopping, when the key is released, please click on "Receive Note Off" button.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 11:46:52 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Mendel

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 11:43:06 PM »
Thank You Very Munch!

Pino

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 02:26:37 AM »
Good subject

I hope we will get more information from other members.

Pino

Mendel

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 09:38:24 PM »
Pino: thx

everyone:
how can i assign multiple wav's to different notes?

mendel

Offline Joe H

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 10:22:32 PM »
Mendel,

Create a new Drum Kit in YEM.  (I've never done this) I think you just double-click on the new drum kit and it will open the Editor. I think then you click (double -click) on a key and there is an option to load a WAV file to the drum key.  You can assign a different sound to each drum kit key just like the drum kits and FX kits that come with the keyboard.  The WAV files do not have to be drum sounds.  I have a sound module that has a drum kit with drum and percussion sounds, synth bass sounds and special effects sounds.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Pino

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 03:29:57 AM »
Check this site out
Has many good articles about Yamaha arrangers
Many sound packs for sale
And a video tutorial about YEM

https://www.soundpacks.co.uk/blogs/news

Pino

Amir Ali

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2020, 03:13:03 PM »

Hi I have a psr s950 and looking for Expansion voice editor software ,please help.

Hi Mendel,

you do NOT need this "Expansion Voice Editor"!

The Yamaha Expansion Manager (YEM) has his OWN Voice Editor built in:

You have to make a new, empty Pack in YEM (My Packs - - - > Create Pack) OR use an existing (NOT copy protected) Pack. IN this Pack make a new, empty Custom DRUM Voice. Then simply double click this new, empty Voice, and you will be able to import your own Wave sample files (one for each key). The format of the Wave files should be: 16-bit / 44.1 kHz / Stereo (. wav /.aif /. aiff).

To prevent the sound from stopping, when the key is released, please click on "Receive Note Off" button.

Best regards,
Chris

Offline DerekA

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2020, 08:53:45 PM »
I think you are out of luck. Yamaha never officially released software to create expansions for older models.

There may be unofficial copies floating around but you're likely to be on your own 😜
Genos

Amir Ali

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2020, 12:01:33 PM »
thanks

Amir Ali

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2020, 12:03:45 PM »
Thanks

Hi I have a psr s950 and looking for Expansion voice editor software ,please help.

Offline overover

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2020, 01:50:18 PM »

Hi Amir Ali,

I have sent you a PM. Please check your messages. :)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Amir Ali

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2021, 03:46:37 PM »
Hi folks, I wonder if someone has expansion voice editor to make expansion pack for psr s950.Does the new YEM work for the s950?.
Thanks I

Online EileenL

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2021, 04:15:12 PM »
No Those files are YEP and can not be converted or used in YEM.

Offline overover

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2021, 10:39:49 PM »
Hi folks, I wonder if someone has expansion voice editor to make expansion pack for psr s950.Does the new YEM work for the s950?. ...

Hi Amir Ali,

on August 06, 2020,  I have already sent you a Personal Message with detailed information about the "Yamaha Expansion Voice Editor" (with which you can create your own YEP packs for the S950). A download link for this program was also included in my message.

Please look into your received Personal Messages. If you don't have this message anymore, just contact me and I will send you this information again.

P.S.
As already mentioned by Eileen, the Yamaha Expansion Manager (YEM) is not compatible with the PSR-S950 (but only with PSR-S970/770, PSR-SX models, Tyros5 and Genos).

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 10:42:56 PM by overover »

Offline Orbit-50

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2021, 01:22:28 PM »
Hi overover, do you still have the detailed information about the "Yamaha Expansion Voice Editor"? I've been looking for this, but can't seem to find it. Well, I did find it on the styles2psr YouTube channel, but...uhm... let's just say that the download host site that he used, didn't seem very kosher. It was littered with malware popups all over the place. It was just so 2005 like. I just ran out of there as fast as I could.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2021, 03:06:44 PM »
It was littered with malware popups all over the place. It was just so 2005 like. I just ran out of there as fast as I could.

You should report the problem to Jan.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Orbit-50

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2021, 04:27:11 PM »
You should report the problem to Jan.

Joe H
You're right. I figured it is what it is, and that he's aware of it, so...