Author Topic: Soft Genos carry bag  (Read 5461 times)

Offline MIKEP

Soft Genos carry bag
« on: July 26, 2018, 08:27:41 AM »
I know there has been quite a bit of coverage on genos carry bags, mostly concerning protection etc. What I need is something less rigid but showerproof as I will only be carrying it around the corner to the local church. Something that is not bulky but will fold away easy. Does anyone have any suggestions or other ways of meeting my requirements please?

Offline ckobu

Re: Soft Genos carry bag
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 08:34:34 AM »
Look at this topic. I'm pleased with my Gator G-pg-76.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,42885.msg339104.html#msg339104
Watch my video channel

Offline MIKEP

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 09:24:14 AM »
Hi ckobu
Thank you for that. However, it does not really meet my criteria as it looks very rigid and incapable of folding.
Mike

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 11:32:02 AM »

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 05:42:55 PM »
I got this one
https://www.thomannmusic.com/soundwear_stagebag_genos.htm

it is soft.

Another big advantage for me is that it has wheels . . . ..  so, easier to transport Genos.

A bit on the expensive side but for me it is worth it.

thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2018, 08:43:13 PM »
I got the Soundwear one too.  I only wish that bag-makers offered an option w/o the extra pockets - all those layers
and zippers add a bit of extra weight, and I rarely use them.  Anyway, the Soundwear bag that I got is a great fit, wheels and handle work well, etc.

Jim
Raleigh, NC, USA / Genos / Tyros5-61 / Lucas Nana 600 / other stuff

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2018, 09:52:02 PM »
This question is EXACTLY why we need to display our countries of origin, like the Nord forum. Some of these products people recommend are only available in Europe or U.S. There are many products made in our neighboring U.S. that aren't shipped to Canada!

Having said that, I recommend the Gator GKB-76. The Genos fits beautifully, it's well padded, has internal tie down straps, resists heavy rainfall, and can be folded in two. If you need to fold it more than that, you won't find a decent case to fulfill your needs.

I sent Gator an email saying that the Genos fits very nicely in this bag. I sent it as a courtesy because they didn't have the Genos included in their list of keyboards. I heard nothing back. Typical of this cold, uncaring world. There you go...

P.S. The Soundwear one looks good too! Eileen, yours is very nice too :).
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 09:54:20 PM by Lee Batchelor »
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Tankdave

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2018, 05:34:46 AM »
Do any of these bags allow the storage or carrying of the music rest along with the keyboard?

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2018, 05:37:52 AM »
I do not use the music rest, so i do not know.  But will check sometime tomorrow.

thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline MIKEP

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2018, 06:44:02 AM »
Thank you for all the suggestions so far. To add a bit more to the debate some years ago with my earlier Yamaha keyboards I had if I remember correctly a KB bag. Do any members use these for their Genos and if so which one please?

Bob88

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2018, 02:54:58 PM »
  I am impressed by the look of the Soundwear case for Genos.  However, I  am somewhat  puzzled that the purchase price must  be astronomical if the dealer is  located in Britain and the purchasers are located in the U.S.  I could not find a American supplier.  I would be interested in finding the actual cost in U.S. funds.
   Here  in Canada we have to make purchases in the U.S. due to lack of availability.
If that was not enough,  we have to add 30% exchange plus 15% HST(sales tax).
My two cents worth(which is probably worth only one cent U.S.) .  Bob

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2018, 05:57:36 PM »
Bob
the cost of the bag in US funds is approx $155 + $35 shipping to US.   Total estimate is $190 US dollars delivered to your door in USA continental.

You can get exact price going to the website below and place the bag in the shopping cart.  Change language to english and currency to dollars, set 'shipping' to United States.

https://www.thomannmusic.com/soundwear_stagebag_genos.htm

thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Bob88

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2018, 11:09:40 PM »
 Thank you Al.  Muchappreciated.  Bob

Offline AlBags

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2018, 05:50:01 PM »

I was involved with earlier thread regarding bags.
I bought the incredible Yamaha padded bag with wheels/bag for music rest/detachable side bag.
Incredible build quality .. but expensive.
It DOES fold, and arrived from Thomann Germany packaged like that.

Good review (HD) video here .... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DpGszvAqmLA
BUT .. It's in Romanian! 😊👍
😊  I started out with nothing .. and I've got most of it left!  😊

🎹 Tyros 5-76,  now the brilliant Genos 🎹
Genelec 8030C Studio Monitors on K&M stands
K&M Spider Pro Stand, K&M Accessories. I love K&M!

Offline MIKEP

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2018, 01:07:09 PM »
Thank you for all your replies. I have chosen to go with Eileen's suggestion. If it is good enough for Eileen then it is good enough for me.
Mike