Author Topic: Tyros 5 Music Finder connection  (Read 4914 times)

Francis Farrugia

Tyros 5 Music Finder connection
« on: July 24, 2018, 12:37:26 PM »
Thanks to whoever will help me with this problem. I have watched several videos showing the system how to connect the Tyros 5 to internet through a USB Adapter. I have tried this several times with a USB 3.0 and a USB 2.0 both Super speed ethernet adapters.  Every time  I connect the adapter a window opens up on the screen saying: AN INCOMPATABLE OR UNSUPPORTED USB  HAS BEEN CONNECTED TO THE DEVICE CONNECTOR.

Can please someone help or tell me what type of USB Adapter to use.

Thanks Francis.

Offline EileenL

Re: Tyros 5 Music Finder connection
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 03:40:33 PM »
This method of down loading music finder songs was discontinued some time back.

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 10:05:40 PM »
Hi Francis,

Tyros5 ONLY supports the Yamaha USB-to-wifi adapter "UD-WL01" that is normally included.

By using this adapter, you can connect Tyros5 to your Router over your local wifi home network, OR you can make a DIRECT wifi connection to your Computer. In the FIRST case Tyros5 has to be in "Infrastructure Mode", in the SECOND case the "Access Point Mode" is used".

BUT you can only use these wifi connections to send Expansion Contents from Expansion Manager (YEM) on your Computer to the Tyros5 OR make a MIDI-over-wifi connection, for example to connect an iPad to the Tyros5.

There is NO way to connect the Tyros5 directly to the INTERNET. Also, NO USB-to-Ethernet adapters are supported by the Tyros5, to my knowledge.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 10:21:48 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 01:50:54 PM »
You used to be able to download MF files from the IDC site. But people did not use it enough for downloading or purchasing styles that would load directly into your keyboard so they closed it down a couple of years ago as I mentioned earlier.
Those of us who purchased our keyboards in the UK received a LAN adapter (UD-WL01) with our keyboards which we connected to the back USB port and left there if we wanted the right time shown and a date stamp put on anything we saved. This could be very useful.

Francis Farrugia

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 01:30:21 PM »
Hi Eileen and all those that sent a reply to my Music Finder question. I must say I have been twice bitten. First When I bought my Tyros 5  It came with the USB Wireless Adapter which I miss placed and could not find it.  So I ordered one from Germany. On plugging in it does connect to internet but as I start  Manually setting up the Access Point, it just tells me WPS Failed (18514509). This is actually what Eileen has said that Yamaha has stopped the internet direct connection to the various options which they used to offer before.  What I find misleading is the video by Peter Barttman  where he explicitly recommends this internet connection. I think that video should be wiped away as it misleads people with the Tyros and with the Genos. Thanks again to Eileen and the rest. Francis.