Author Topic: HExtra organ packs for genos  (Read 2721 times)

kmspecialties

HExtra organ packs for genos
« on: July 24, 2018, 01:07:45 AM »
I have a viscount legend and it is great but have decided to purchase
a genos. Has anyone used the extra packs from Yamaha or third party
vendors for real sampled b-3 Hammond tonewheel organ. Have
heard 2-3 sound good, but internet quality.
Bob

keynote

Re: HExtra organ packs for genos
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 04:17:44 PM »
I have the Organ Session expansion pack for the Genos. The link below will give you an idea of the sounds you will get with the Organ Session pack.

Organ Session Expansion Pack for Genos

Yamaha also sells a pack called KApro Legendary Tonewheel Organ that might interest you. The link below gives you an idea of what it sounds like. The samples are all in .mp3 format but are pretty good quality in my opinion.

KApro Legendary Tonewheel Organ Expansion Pack for Genos

Mike

The following users thanked this post: ludo willems

Offline sugarplumsss

Re: HExtra organ packs for genos
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 11:54:15 PM »
As a long time full time musician, who played a real B3 organ in my past.. I can assert this about  Genos:
If Yamaha wakes up to the central importance of the B3 w Leslie..  they would have an unstoppable killer keyboard, that would be worth every penny they deigned to charge us.
Yamaha: Keep making improvements on the Rhodes, and basses... along with B3.. and I would sell everything, and be compelled to purchase the Genos. And that is purely based on the sounds, not the accompaniments, and excellent drums... no, just the sounds that we keyboardists use all the time.

I listened to the organ packs, and they a major leap forward. The basses have improved over Tyros.  Ac piano is better.
This Genos may be the keyboard to own in the coming decades.
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

The following users thanked this post: ludo willems