Author Topic: Enhancements I'd like to see in the next OS update  (Read 17578 times)

Offline Fred Smith

Enhancements I'd like to see in the next OS update
« on: July 23, 2018, 02:14:57 PM »
1. Registration Memory screen shows which groups were memorized in the current registration.

2. Ability to designate a registration (eg, Setup) which is automatically loaded on startup.

3. Ability to memorize text font and size (or ability to set the default font just as one can set a default background).

4. Ability to memorize Text Page+ function.

5. Ability to display lists in alphabetical order (voices, styles, multipads, etc.)

6. Current Save function renamed to "Save As ..."; then implement a Save function which will save the file without asking further questions.

7. Using the Next function in a Playlist goes to the next registration in the Playlist, not, as it currently does, the next registration in alphabetical order.

8. Add an Assignable Buttons group to Parameter Lock so you can stop third-party registrations from redefining your assignments.

9. Ability to exit from USB storage mode without a power on/off cycle (ie, as the Tyros does).

I hope Yamaha is listening,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Re: Enhancements I'd like to see in the next OS update
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 04:12:22 PM »
Some good ideas for sure, Fred. I especially like the alphabetical ordering. Crap, that's a basic default function to all operating systems!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 04:56:47 PM »
Hi

Does anyone know if any updates are on the horizon??

All the best
John :)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Bachus

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 06:36:09 PM »
My orriginal list of wishes still stands...

Offline ckobu

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 08:40:53 PM »
I've been playing Genos since December 2017 and I'm very pleased.
I would like the new update to correct the mistake I've shown on the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8r6zaTuB4w

It would be useful if the Playlist had numerical input.
Even better if numerical input would appear as default on the first page.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Watch my video channel

keynote

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 09:42:26 PM »

I would like the new update to correct the mistake I've shown on the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8r6zaTuB4w

The problem you show in your video is I think Sonar specific. I use Sonar Platinum with the same result as you demonstrate in the video. After I updated my Genos to OS 1.30 I thought Yamaha had addressed this issue but upon closer inspection I noticed it wasn't corrected. A work around for me was to assign "F" to MIDI where I could quickly set it to All Parts after I opened Sonar Platinum. So again I don't think this is a bug with Genos per se but rather an issue with Sonar itself. It's a little bit of a hassle but easily corrected although it would be nice if you didn't have to press anything on the Genos after opening Sonar. It would be interesting to know if any other DAW software causes this anomaly to occur on the Genos.

Mike

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 10:05:13 PM »
Local going off is off-topic as far as Fred's is concerned because it is Sonar that does this by default. You  need to edit the TTSEQ.ini file, insert "SendLocalOff=0".
See
https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR%20X3&language=3&help=INI_Files.5.html

John
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 10:36:57 PM by jwyvern »

keynote

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2018, 10:25:21 PM »
Thanks John!

Mike

edtek

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2018, 03:27:30 AM »
Good list Fred, you hit the big ones!  You should be a Yamaha consultant  :)

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2018, 03:37:45 AM »
Good list Fred, you hit the big ones!  You should be a Yamaha consultant  :)

We can only wish.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Pino

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2018, 05:05:02 AM »
John
The “next update” will be Genos 2
And that’s the way it works.
If you want more memory on theS970 you have to buy a S975
That’s a whole new keyboard at $1,800

Pino
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 05:38:25 AM by Pino »

Tankdave

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2018, 06:06:18 AM »
Favourites than can be used regardless of where they are and not just on the Presets

Offline Robert van Weersch

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2018, 06:26:37 AM »
John

Pino
I think John is referring to a Genos OS update, not a hardware update. The hope is that Yamaha will release more updates for the Genos, than they did for the Tyros, which was two or three updates for a model.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 06:27:50 AM by Robert van Weersch »
---
Yamaha Tyros 5 76
Korg Liverpool (microArranger)

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2018, 07:54:11 AM »
Fred,
That's a good practical list, and for me the top one would be no. 6 which would enable re-saving of registrations  via a single screen touch rather than the cumbersome 6 touches we are forced into at present.
There are still "bugs" remaining too, ones I run into include,

- The  Freeze button  is ineffective if only Voice is selected.

- Under some conditions the Harmony pages 1 and 2 are not refreshed and display blank when you scroll to them.

- The useful ability to disable SA2 voice articulations when live playing is not sustained in midi recording.
Eg. Turning off Joint in the voice setting menu allows you to play SA2 SAX with harmony and without those annoying hiccups. But after recording to midi  the hiccups return duuring playback.

John

« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 11:07:59 AM by jwyvern »

Offline voodoo

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2018, 09:36:58 AM »
I think John is referring to a Genos OS update, not a hardware update. The hope is that Yamaha will release more updates for the Genos, than they did for the Tyros, which was two or three updates for a model.

I am afraid, that Pino is right. From some point of time Yamaha stops making software updates and shifts all enhancements to the next model.

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

keynote

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2018, 12:56:04 PM »
I am afraid, that Pino is right. From some point of time Yamaha stops making software updates and shifts all enhancements to the next model.

Uli

What you say is accurate since I have experienced the phenomenon with my original Tyros and with my Tyros 3. Although lets dig a little deeper into our suspicion and realize the Genos has not even been on the market a year yet! There are clearly more bugs that we have found on this forum that need fixing and no telling how many other bugs and/or anomalies Yamaha engineers have found since they have personnel set aside for that specific purpose. What we would all agree on is that we would like Yamaha to treat its flagship arranger customers just like their flagship "synth" customers who own the Montage. The Montage has received what is it 8 updates so far? The latest being OS 2.0 which provides much more than just possible bug fixes but also an array of new goodies and enhancements that breathes new life and functionality into the Montage itself. The Genos has a retail price over $2,000 more than a Montage 8 i.e. $6,799 vs. $4,499. Our flagship of flagships is also a new concept in arranger technology that has been marketed to a younger generation I might add. But it seems our coaxing is of little value since Yamaha does what they ultimately decide to do and if they decide OS 1.30 is the end of the line then Genos owners will have to grin and bear it I suppose.  :(

We must also realize Genos "2" is probably three years or more down the road and it will have to be a significant upgrade over the Genos to get many current Genos owners to do the upgrade dance. On the other hand, if Yamaha treated Genos "1" owners like they do current Montage owners (I'm talking about multiple updates for the Montage vs. - so far - very few updates for the Genos) in many people's minds it would be much easier to do the upgrade dance to Genos "2" when it becomes available if Yamaha lavishes more updates and enhancements on the current Genos like Yamaha has done for the Montage. I know, I know... don't hold your breath right?  ::)

Mike 

Pino

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2018, 01:42:02 PM »
I believe that the Genos Light (S1000) will be launched next January and will be a big seller,
it’s been over 3 years since the S970.

Genos 2 In 18 months and as the Tyros 2 lots of the bugs were fixed and 1 or 2 new features.
And will have stiff competition from Korg PA5x and maybe a new Roland arranger.

The beat goes on 🎹

Pino

Offline EileenL

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2018, 02:01:19 PM »
The one thing I would like to see back is the ALL button when grooving styles. It made things much quicker to do.

Bachus

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2018, 06:25:54 PM »
John

Pino

The synth division of Yamaha proves you are wrong..
There is a multitude of os upgrades for the Montage
Adding numerous features in demand by the userbase..
All offcourse software based.

That makes your example of a hardware feature fail the mark of possible improvements..
I once posted a long list ofg things yamaha could improve trough software easily.
So far after almost a year we havent seen a single new feature yet.
But that might change anytime soon..

Or is the fact that Genos sales where on an alltime high
And Montage sales severely dissapointed..
A huge influence on the effort Yamaha decides to put into software support and upgrades?

Or is the US based Montage team much more influencial at Yamaha then the German based Genos team?

I think the upgrades Jeff asks for are actually a minor effort for yamaha to implement in a patch, which makes them different from my long list which indeed was some kind of effort..

But then, i highly doubt the arranger division of Yamaha will make this effort, because there are way to many people only praising yamaha, in such a way that the arranger division gets easilly away with their attitude... On the yamaha synth forum the attitude is different, its one of praise where praise is due, and criticise where criticisme has a place.. On german forums and facebook groups its even worse where Yamaha dealers and even yamaha employees use avatars to defend this YAmaha attitude.

I think the Yamaha arranger division needs to mirror itselves to the pro synth division, that has improved a lot over the last few years.  Simple improvements like the ones asked for here, where everyone is in conscensus about should be added every few months, instead of making people wait for like 5 years till there is a new model.

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2018, 06:44:27 PM »
German based Genos team
Just curious: how come you think Genos devlopment is lead by a German team? It was my believe that it's rather UK based lead by Martin Harris? Anyone to enlighten me?
Regards, Michael

Offline EileenL

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2018, 09:35:32 PM »
Yes Martin lives and works in UK and is often in Japan as well.

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2018, 06:48:45 AM »
The European HQ of Yamaha Music Europe is located in Germany. Which does not necessarily imply that keyboard R&D occurs there, but it would make sense.

Back on-topic.

I'm very hesitant to buy a 1st generation Genos, because of the terrible update support from Yamaha on arranger keyboards (the T5 still has lots of unresolved issues). When I buy a EUR 4000+ TOTL product, I expect TOTL support, which implies frequent and long-term updates, especially if it concerns bug fixes or small additions. Tyros owners have been let down by Yamaha terribly. I get it that Yamaha wants to sell keyboards, but the current no-updates-just-buy-a-new-keyboard model is not sustainable and will cost Yamaha its customers. After 30+ years with Yamaha, I'm actually considering getting a Korg PAX, or PA, to start with.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 06:51:57 AM by Robert van Weersch »
---
Yamaha Tyros 5 76

Offline Wim NL

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2018, 09:02:04 AM »
My biggest update wish is to get acces to user styles in song creator chord step edit.

See: https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,41557.msg326927.html#msg326927
Best Regards,
Wim

Offline DerekA

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2018, 10:41:09 AM »
Like it or not, Yamaha knows that when they release Genos 2 many owners will just automatically upgrade. That's the market that these high end arrangers are aimed at. So there is little incentive to release updates to the OS.
Genos

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2018, 03:53:12 PM »
Favourites than can be used regardless of where they are and not just on the Presets

How right you are, once you can tweak sounds you should also be able to file them as  favorites.

Cheers

Kaarlo

Offline EileenL

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2018, 03:59:16 PM »
What is wrong with quickly creating a folder called user voices and storing them there. Very easy to find and use. That is what I did with mine I have done this with all Yamaha keyboards that I have had. Also save any Ensemble combinations I make in the Ensemble user section. There is nearly always an answer with out needing an update.

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2018, 04:04:54 PM »
What you say is accurate since I have experienced the phenomenon with my original Tyros and with my Tyros 3. Although lets dig a little deeper into our suspicion and realize the Genos has not even been on the market a year yet! There are clearly more bugs that we have found on this forum that need fixing and no telling how many other bugs and/or anomalies Yamaha engineers have found since they have personnel set aside for that specific purpose. What we would all agree on is that we would like Yamaha to treat its flagship arranger customers just like their flagship "synth" customers who own the Montage. The Montage has received what is it 8 updates so far? The latest being OS 2.0 which provides much more than just possible bug fixes but also an array of new goodies and enhancements that breathes new life and functionality into the Montage itself. The Genos has a retail price over $2,000 more than a Montage 8 i.e. $6,799 vs. $4,499. Our flagship of flagships is also a new concept in arranger technology that has been marketed to a younger generation I might add. But it seems our coaxing is of little value since Yamaha does what they ultimately decide to do and if they decide OS 1.30 is the end of the line then Genos owners will have to grin and bear it I suppose.  :(

We must also realize Genos "2" is probably three years or more down the road and it will have to be a significant upgrade over the Genos to get many current Genos owners to do the upgrade dance. On the other hand, if Yamaha treated Genos "1" owners like they do current Montage owners (I'm talking about multiple updates for the Montage vs. - so far - very few updates for the Genos) in many people's minds it would be much easier to do the upgrade dance to Genos "2" when it becomes available if Yamaha lavishes more updates and enhancements on the current Genos like Yamaha has done for the Montage. I know, I know... don't hold your breath right?  ::)

Mike

Thanks Mike for a superb posting of rare insight.  Hope you will not run into heavy flak.

Cheers

Kaarlo

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2018, 04:16:33 PM »
Like it or not, Yamaha knows that when they release Genos 2 many owners will just automatically upgrade. That's the market that these high end arrangers are aimed at. So there is little incentive to release updates to the OS.

Thanks Derek,

I believe unfortunately you are absolutely right.  We, the stupid consumers/buyers are what makes it possible to treat us the way we are treated. And the manufacturers will continue to treat us disrespectfully as long as "anything goes".

Cheers

Kaarlo

Wouter1972

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2018, 05:24:00 PM »
Kaarlo, why so negative?

As a consumer you always have a choice to go for the upgrade or to let it pass to the next model: nobody’s twisting your arm ;)

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2018, 08:27:22 PM »
Kaarlo, why so negative?

As a consumer you always have a choice to go for the upgrade or to let it pass to the next model: nobody’s twisting your arm ;)

Hello Wouter1972
You are 100 % correct in that we can buy the new model of a manufacturer or not. As I am afraid my answer would be unacceptable on this thread I have sent you a PM to explain why I am "so negative".

Cheers

Kaarlo

Wouter1972

« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2018, 09:37:16 PM »
Thank you for your reply Kaarlo. I think I understand what you mean. You may be right when looking at large groups of consumers. Personally, I’ve always considered myself the odd one out: when people are asked to look to their left, I often look to the right.

In short, I don’t consider myself part of the consumersgroup that blindly follow fellow lemmings to the abyss. I appreciate your comment though :)

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2018, 10:32:46 PM »

We, the stupid consumers/buyers are what makes it possible to treat us the way we are treated. And the manufacturers will continue to treat us disrespectfully as long as "anything goes".

Cheers

Kaarlo

Kaarlo

I admire that you always speak (actually write) candidly and honestly what your thoughts are.   Keep it coming. !!

I initially hesitated to respond to your comment (quote above) but could not pass on it and felt compelled to express my view. 

I recently purchased Genos.  Before, purchasing I researched quite a bit about Genos.   I did not buy it until my own research showed me that it was a good product to fit my personal needs.  I also considered other brand names such as Korg.   However, consciously decided to buy Genos.   It turned out to be a smart decision.

So, i do not consider myself in the "stupid consumers/buyers" group. At least not when it relates to Genos.  Maybe for other products i could be in that group, but not for keyboards.

I am extremely satisfied with my Genos purchase.   However, if I was not satisfied, i would not blame the manufacturer or think that Yamaha treats me with disrespect.  I would only blame my own research.  Because that would mean that i did not research properly.  So, i would only blame myself because ultimately it was my own decision.  The manufacturer did not force me to buy the product.

I have been in contact with Yamaha staff on a couple of occasions (to resolve an issue i was having with Tyros4 wireless connection) and they always treated me with respect and good customer service.  They even sent me a replacement wireless adapter at no cost.  It turned out that the adapter was not the issue, it was the user (me).

After the first or second Genos OS update, most of the initial issues i had went away.  For example, i remember that initially, Genos was not showing the beat. That was fixed with an OS update.

I believe that a manufacturer, offers a product and then it is up to the consumer to purchase (or NOT). 

I believe it is the other way around, i believe that collectively SMART consumers have the last say and actually dictate the market.   If a product satisfies a critical number of consumers, that product will continue in the market.  If the product does not satisfy the market it will automatically lose it's share of market and will be out very shortly.

Anyway, hopefully the next OS updates (if any) will make Genos even better.  If not, then we can intelligently decide what is our next move as consumers:  upgrade to Genos 2 (if and when);  buy another brand (Korg ?); keep current Genos, there are plenty of options.   

In any event the decision is always ours as consumers. 

Hope you and everyone else reading this forum has a great day.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 10:38:42 PM by Al Ram »
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2018, 10:49:12 PM »
Well, silly me.

Here I was hoping we could generate a list of improvements that show Yamaha what we're interested in, and the comments would indicate the level of interest so the list could be prioritized.

Instead, as usual, the thread degenerates into useless comments on opinions of consumer buying habits.

When you don't get what you want in an OS upgrade (which, by the way Pino, is coming and will continue to come), don't blame me.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2018, 11:44:34 PM »
Kaarlo

I admire that you always speak (actually write) candidly and honestly what your thoughts are.   Keep it coming. !!

I initially hesitated to respond to your comment (quote above) but could not pass on it and felt compelled to express my view. 

I recently purchased Genos.  Before, purchasing I researched quite a bit about Genos.   I did not buy it until my own research showed me that it was a good product to fit my personal needs.  I also considered other brand names such as Korg.   However, consciously decided to buy Genos.   It turned out to be a smart decision.

So, i do not consider myself in the "stupid consumers/buyers" group. At least not when it relates to Genos.  Maybe for other products i could be in that group, but not for keyboards.

I am extremely satisfied with my Genos purchase.   However, if I was not satisfied, i would not blame the manufacturer or think that Yamaha treats me with disrespect.  I would only blame my own research.  Because that would mean that i did not research properly.  So, i would only blame myself because ultimately it was my own decision.  The manufacturer did not force me to buy the product.

I have been in contact with Yamaha staff on a couple of occasions (to resolve an issue i was having with Tyros4 wireless connection) and they always treated me with respect and good customer service.  They even sent me a replacement wireless adapter at no cost.  It turned out that the adapter was not the issue, it was the user (me).

After the first or second Genos OS update, most of the initial issues i had went away.  For example, i remember that initially, Genos was not showing the beat. That was fixed with an OS update.

I believe that a manufacturer, offers a product and then it is up to the consumer to purchase (or NOT). 

I believe it is the other way around, i believe that collectively SMART consumers have the last say and actually dictate the market.   If a product satisfies a critical number of consumers, that product will continue in the market.  If the product does not satisfy the market it will automatically lose it's share of market and will be out very shortly.

Anyway, hopefully the next OS updates (if any) will make Genos even better.  If not, then we can intelligently decide what is our next move as consumers:  upgrade to Genos 2 (if and when);  buy another brand (Korg ?); keep current Genos, there are plenty of options.   

In any event the decision is always ours as consumers. 

Hope you and everyone else reading this forum has a great day.

Thanks Al Ram,

I enjoyed reading you thoughtful and friendly posting.  Will contact you.

Cheers

Kaarlo

Offline EileenL

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2018, 11:44:22 AM »
Hi Al Ram,
  I have to agree with every word you have written. This is the way to approach things, know just what you are buying and as you say no one forces you to buy anything. There have been so many negative things written about Genos and knocking it before really understanding just how it works. It is a great keyboard for gigging and home use and once you have spent a little time getting used to it it is very quick to operate.

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2018, 05:38:17 PM »
Well, silly me.

Here I was hoping we could generate a list of improvements that show Yamaha what we're interested in, and the comments would indicate the level of interest so the list could be prioritized.

Instead, as usual, the thread degenerates into useless comments on opinions of consumer buying habits.

When you don't get what you want in an OS upgrade (which, by the way Pino, is coming and will continue to come), don't blame me.

Fred

Fred

You are absolutely right.   Sorry about that.

Now, lets go back to the original subject:  Enhancements for next OS update.

I could not think of any in addition to your original list.

Thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Wouter1972

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2018, 09:10:17 PM »
Right you are Fred, although your reply is somewhat drenched in a condescending sauce :P

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2018, 05:32:51 AM »
Right.

Honestly, most items on your list aren't even enhancements. In my opinion, as a 20+ years experienced professional software engineer, they are bugs that should be fixed. Customizable sorting, state saving, "save as", etc. are features that are considered elementary in all modern apps or operating systems. It's a shame Yamaha fails to implement such simple features.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 05:34:32 AM by Robert van Weersch »
---
Yamaha Tyros 5 76

Offline reya

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2018, 08:01:43 AM »
Well, silly me.

Fred

Well, why not start a new thread, posting your list again, and asking people not to comment on it, but to just quote the previous list on the tread and add their own wanted improvements to it, continuing to number them.
So the list will only grow, and if Yamaha IS listening, all they would need to do is scroll to the end to see the whole list ....

To illustrate I will do this in the next post as an example.

Thanks
Rudy
Genos 1, PSR SX900, Roland PK6, Ketron SD1000
MSI Cubi 5 mini pc with IIyama prolite 24" touchscreen, MobileSheets

Offline reya

« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2018, 08:03:59 AM »
1. Registration Memory screen shows which groups were memorized in the current registration.

2. Ability to designate a registration (eg, Setup) which is automatically loaded on startup.

3. Ability to memorize text font and size (or ability to set the default font just as one can set a default background).

5. Ability to display lists in alphabetical order (voices, styles, multipads, etc.)

6. Current Save function renamed to "Save As ..."; then implement a Save function which will save the file without asking further questions.

7. Using the Next function in a Playlist goes to the next registration in the Playlist, not, as it currently does, the next registration in alphabetical order.

8. Add an Assignable Buttons group to Parameter Lock so you can stop third-party registrations from redefining your assignments.

9. Ability to exit from USB storage mode without a power on/off cycle (ie, as the Tyros does).

Fred

10. On the home screen, have the dec(-) inc(+) buttons scroll through the registration sequence, and have a press of both, reset that registration sequence (as it was on tyros with the tab buttons)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2018, 11:23:04 AM »
Well I will say at the risk of getting slated that if you really can not manage without these things then put it to Yamaha direct. Show them you are serious. Don't post on a forum that has not been very kind in some of its comments about Genos and hope they are seen.

Remember that for all those that are discontent with the keyboard there are many more that are more than happy with it.

Bachus

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2018, 02:41:16 PM »
Well I will say at the risk of getting slated that if you really can not manage without these things then put it to Yamaha direct. Show them you are serious. Don't post on a forum that has not been very kind in some of its comments about Genos and hope they are seen.

Remember that for all those that are discontent with the keyboard there are many more that are more than happy with it.

Well, i disagree, this forum counts like the voice of many, and so it should make a larger i pression on Yamaha then a letter of a single user. 

Its just a matter of saying praise where praise is due, and being critical where criticisme has a place. After all its still the users that know what features they want improved and even more so, what things they dislike or over time become even irritators to some. No product in this buiseness will ever be perfect, but If none speak aloud, no product will ever come close to being perfect.

In my world there is allways room for improving things, even the best arranger out there.

Offline reya

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2018, 03:33:53 PM »
[quote from: Fred Smith on Mon 23-07-2018, 14:14:57

Fred

10. On the home screen, have the dec(-) inc(+) buttons scroll through the registration sequence, and have a press of both, reset that registration sequence (as it was on tyros with the tab buttons)

11. Ability to enable MIDI - Through

12. Ability to save the used MIDI configuration file in a registration file button

Offline AlBags

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2018, 06:57:36 PM »

One 'small thing' that irritates me (as it did on the T5)  ..

Call up the score page when a MIDI is loaded ..
The **** size of notation, and the left hand score, etc settings are not remembered. Always reverts to 'large' and LH off.
Really annoys me 😊
😊  I started out with nothing .. and I've got most of it left!  😊

🎹 Tyros 5-76,  now the brilliant Genos 🎹
Genelec 8030C Studio Monitors on K&M stands
K&M Spider Pro Stand, K&M Accessories. I love K&M!

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2018, 09:09:38 PM »

Fred

Hi Fred,

Thanks. I am sure you are one of those YAMAHA listens to you.

Cheers

Kaarlo

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2018, 12:59:07 AM »
One 'small thing' that irritates me (as it did on the T5)  ..

Call up the score page when a MIDI is loaded ..
The **** size of notation, and the left hand score, etc settings are not remembered. Always reverts to 'large' and LH off.
Really annoys me 😊

Agreed. I have the same complaint about text font and size.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline Depo1964

« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2018, 02:27:30 AM »
I don't use my Genos in the traditional arranger keyboard sense,
but I'd like to see:

1)Double touching on a circular fader resets it back to zero.

2) less sensitivity on circular and vertical faders. Just touching it moves the values way too far.

3) more detailed faders in the Recording Multi Recording Audio Section .   
Since several instruments are playing, it would be nice to see a separate fader for each instrument...
Also when overdubbing a fader to see how hot that overdub is compared to the playback would be nice as well.

« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2018, 02:56:15 AM »
How about this: whenever a draw bar organ voice is selected, make the slider display default to the footages display. As it is now, if you're playing a song with a piano voice, and then select a draw bar organ voice, the slider display must be cycled to get to the **** footage sliders! This is a real problem for me in a live playing gig. Even if the draw bar organ voice is saved to a registration bank (piano on #1 and slider organ on #2) the sliders don't change to the footages display after you press #2. This needs to be fixed!!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

The following users thanked this post: pjd

Offline Depo1964

« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2018, 05:50:31 PM »
I'd like to see additional and more sophisticated arpeggio types (guitar strumming) with the next release.
The current types do not do this keyboard justice....
It's like comparing a toy piano to a Bösendorfer.

« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2018, 06:42:35 PM »
Agreed, Depo1964. Fifteen years ago, I bought a Motif ES7. Its arps blew away the Genos arps 100 to 1. I can't imagine the Montage arps!