Author Topic: Memory question  (Read 6003 times)

chongjasmine

Memory question
« on: July 21, 2018, 07:06:41 AM »
I bought lots of voice and expansion packs from yamaha.
Wondering how much memory of voice and expansion packs can s975 store?
Thinking of saving up to buy s975.
Wondering how much memory can it support in total?

Offline deepsae48

Re: Memory question
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 11:32:52 AM »
You can download S975/ S775 Owner Manual here:
https://es.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/7/1153357/psrs975_s775_es_om_b0.pdf

S975 has 768MB for Expansion voice

chongjasmine

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 02:52:12 PM »
That is, I can download 768MB of voices?
Without deleting the original setup?

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 03:04:24 PM »
If you have packs already loaded into 975 then you must make sure you have these ticked when making a new install file from the YEM as the memory always formats every time you load a fresh pack in.

chongjasmine

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 09:48:59 PM »
Thanks for your reply.
Another question: What about voices from sources outside the expansion pack? Can that be accessed from usb thumb drive? I have a couple of those as well.

Offline ticktock

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 08:37:57 PM »
Yes,

Offline Bill

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 10:39:38 AM »
Thanks for your reply.
Another question: What about voices from sources outside the expansion pack? Can that be accessed from usb thumb drive? I have a couple of those as well.

I know TicTock has told you the answer to your question is YES, however it depends on how you interpret your question.

I personally would say NO, however, have a look at the other topic shown below. It may give you a better understanding. (specifically see Joe H Answer)

Bill

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,45673.msg361105/topicseen.html#msg361105
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline Telmo

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2018, 07:03:40 PM »
You can also add 8 more Audio Styles from your choice.
Yamaha PSR-SX-900, JBL EON ONE Linear-Array PA System.
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Telmo3190
"We are Old Too quick... and Wise too late."

Offline overover

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2018, 10:00:53 PM »
... What about voices from sources outside the expansion pack? Can that be accessed from usb thumb drive? I have a couple of those as well.

Hi chongjasmine,

only the WAVE data of voices in Yamaha (or third party) Expansion Packs (.cpf/.ppf format) and also the WAVE data of so called "Custom Voices" (.uvn/.uvd or .sf2 format) are stored in the FLASH ROM Expansion Memory, which is about 768 MB on PSR-S975.

All the other contents of installed Expansion Packs (e. g. Styles, Multi Pad banks, Registration banks and the "Voice Set" files (.vce) which are used to call up the installed Expansion Voices) are stored in the "Expansion" folder on USER drive, which is in the "normal" flash memory (only 13 MB!). For Audio Styles there is an addional memory of 128 MB.

Expansion Voices can NOT be accessed directly from USB stick, but stored User Voices (= in VOICE SET altered and newly saved Preset or Expansion Voices) CAN be accessed directly from USB stick. Please note: Those User Voices can ONLY be used in Keyboard parts (Right/Left), but NOT in Styles, MIDI files or Multi Pads.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

larvol

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2018, 08:41:44 PM »
Expansion voices(not the waves)and styles can be extracted an then be used on the usb flash drive.Anyway voices u will have to check in YEM so they will take some place in the USER drive BUT!!You can uncheck styles from the pack(cause you will have them on the usb flash) and free some USER memory on the keyboard

Offline manuel

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2018, 09:58:15 PM »

One thing, keep in mind that every Expansion pack has different size, depending how many voices are on it, etc....so, the amount of how many packs you can install, will depend on the size of the packs you may want to install.

Manuel
My 2 Cents

Manuel