Author Topic: Example of live usage of PSR-E363  (Read 4026 times)

Practical Senses

Example of live usage of PSR-E363
« on: July 19, 2018, 04:26:42 PM »
Hello, my friends!
I want to share with you our experience of using Yamaha PSR-E363 for live performance.
I've already made a post in Songs by Forum Members section, but as far as it's not visible for non-registered users and this topic is also related to "PSR-E Series" I would also like to post it here.
Drums and bass line was pre-recorded in multi track MIDI by using Reaper DAW (PSR-E363 connected by USB-Midi). Then we upload this Midi file into internal memory of Yamaha and created Registry for each song with Dual\Split voices to play synth-line over Midi playback.
I'd say that playing live with such setup is a lot of fun, much better than playing with audio-mp3 back track or separate drum-machine :)
Hope you'll like it :)
Here's the link to videos:

(indoor concert)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN3_wGphmvQ

(outdoor festival)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8bF9IOa0yM

Offline Bruce Breen

Re: Example of live usage of PSR-E363
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 06:10:31 PM »
Nice job!
Glad you enjoy using your Yamaha PSR keyboard when playing live!

I have used various PSR keyboards for over 25 years for all my live gigs!
They have proven so wonderfully versatile for me, whether I was just playing one part in a group, or playing all the parts when by myself.
And they always made me sound so good, no matter what type of music I was playing...jazz, reggae, pop, country, rock & roll, polka (oom-pah).

Always have fun with music - and continued success!

« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 09:57:32 PM by Bruce Breen »
Bruce Breen
playing a PSR-S950, PSR-2100 & Piano Accordion

AnupamEnosh

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 06:43:20 PM »
That was good. But is it only me who finds everyone else except me, choosing better voices from the keyboard for performances ?  I always get stuck in the Strings and Piano section.

Practical Senses

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 08:12:15 AM »
That was good. But is it only me who finds everyone else except me, choosing better voices from the keyboard for performances ?  I always get stuck in the Strings and Piano section.

We tried to recreate sound of synthesizers, which was used on studio recordings of this songs.
Since E363 doesn't have a lot of effects and such things like cutoff and ADSR can be controlled only by MIDI it required some pre-preparation to sound good :)