Author Topic: Registrations Not Loading The Correct Style ?  (Read 5497 times)

Reg

Registrations Not Loading The Correct Style ?
« on: July 15, 2018, 07:52:53 PM »
  All of a sudden my registrations are loading a wrong style and that style continues to load in following registrations. This problem occurred  when I first acquired my Genos. The problem went away on its own   .   I turned off the Genos and when I tirned it on the registrations still did not load the correct style.  A disappointment as the Genos functioned so well for quite a while.    Reg

Online EileenL

Re: Registrations Not Loading The Correct Style ?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 08:29:14 PM »
Hi Reg are you using on board styles or third party ones. If third party have the styles been moved in any way so that they may have broken the links to them.

Reg

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 11:43:19 PM »
  Hi Eileen:  Thank you for replying. Actually , both preset and third party styles are involved.  It does not seem to make any difference which are affected.  Bob

Offline XeeniX

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 12:05:57 AM »
That usually happens when the path to the file is incorrect. It doesn't load a wrong style it can't load the proper style and sticks with the style already loaded rendering the registration not working properly. That problem happens when you change a style name, the folder name the style is in, a drive letter change (usb drive, a known Genos issue when you have used or are using multiple usb drives) or reorganizing etc. In short if you have changed something, or the keyboard changes the drive letter, or if someone else created the registration and you place it in an alternative location not being exactly the same as the one who created it. 

Install Murrays registration manager on your (windows based) computer and load that particular registration. You will have the possibility to not only check the paths and adjust but also to completely remove the paths to custom styles, pads et cetera. Using preset styles, voices, pads only is the easiest way. These will load no matter what and I think the same goes for expansion stuff once installed. You can find it here: https://psrtutorial.com/util/best.html

regards,
Peter
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 09:58:43 AM by XeeniX »

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 12:45:57 AM »
It seems that your path to the location of the styles has been broken.   

Also, remember that when Genos cannot find the style in the registration, it substitutes for another similar on-board style.

I would double check the location of the styles.

Gook luck.
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 03:05:51 AM »
  Hi Eileen:  Thank you for replying. Actually , both preset and third party styles are involved.  It does not seem to make any difference which are affected.  Bob

Reg,

You need to be more methodical in troubleshooting your registrations.

First, it’s not possible for the keyboard to load the wrong preset style. It will always find a preset. So if it’s loading the wrong preset, it’s because that’s what you memorized (or you forgot to tick the style box). So if this happens, simply re-memorize the registration, ensuring you first have the desired style loaded, and the style box is checked in the registration contents memory screen.

If a registration doesn’t load a user style, it’s because it can’t find it. Again, re-memorization will solve the problem. Or, move the style to where you told the registration it was.

If you’re still having problems after re-memorizing, post the registration here, and we'll take a look at it for you.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Reg

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 03:30:39 PM »
   Thank you all for your concern and expertise.  I will explore your suggestions. 
The registrations with the designated styles have been playing properly for months
so they were memorized correctly originally. What has occurred since is the issue. Reg.

Offline AlBags

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 11:21:01 AM »

Hi ..

Did you fix your Reg, Reg?  :)

You can just resave the style with the regs. Maybe jou have changed /added a USB stick somewhere, or saved to User drive or USB drive, and broken link to your correct styles because of a change?

Al.
😊  I started out with nothing .. and I've got most of it left!  😊

🎹 Tyros 5-76,  now the brilliant Genos 🎹
Genelec 8030C Studio Monitors on K&M stands
K&M Spider Pro Stand, K&M Accessories. I love K&M!

Reg

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2018, 03:28:12 PM »
  Thanks for your reply Al.  Yes, registrations are  now playing with the designated  styles.  Reg