Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Registrations & Playlist

Registrations Not Loading The Correct Style ?

(1/2) > >>

Reg:
  All of a sudden my registrations are loading a wrong style and that style continues to load in following registrations. This problem occurred  when I first acquired my Genos. The problem went away on its own   .   I turned off the Genos and when I tirned it on the registrations still did not load the correct style.  A disappointment as the Genos functioned so well for quite a while.    Reg

EileenL:
Hi Reg are you using on board styles or third party ones. If third party have the styles been moved in any way so that they may have broken the links to them.

Reg:
  Hi Eileen:  Thank you for replying. Actually , both preset and third party styles are involved.  It does not seem to make any difference which are affected.  Bob

XeeniX:
That usually happens when the path to the file is incorrect. It doesn't load a wrong style it can't load the proper style and sticks with the style already loaded rendering the registration not working properly. That problem happens when you change a style name, the folder name the style is in, a drive letter change (usb drive, a known Genos issue when you have used or are using multiple usb drives) or reorganizing etc. In short if you have changed something, or the keyboard changes the drive letter, or if someone else created the registration and you place it in an alternative location not being exactly the same as the one who created it. 

Install Murrays registration manager on your (windows based) computer and load that particular registration. You will have the possibility to not only check the paths and adjust but also to completely remove the paths to custom styles, pads et cetera. Using preset styles, voices, pads only is the easiest way. These will load no matter what and I think the same goes for expansion stuff once installed. You can find it here: https://psrtutorial.com/util/best.html

regards,
Peter

Al Ram:
It seems that your path to the location of the styles has been broken.   

Also, remember that when Genos cannot find the style in the registration, it substitutes for another similar on-board style.

I would double check the location of the styles.

Gook luck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version