Author Topic: Speakers  (Read 4414 times)

Lloyd E

Speakers
« on: July 11, 2018, 03:46:27 PM »
I would like a response from Genos owners on what speakers they are using and evaluation of them.  I am looking for speakers for home use. Please evaluate your speakers
and let me know your opinions.  Thanks, Lloyd

Offline emmaco

Re: Speakers
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 04:31:37 PM »
I use presonus eris 8 monitors, and the sound is fantastic !

Offline soryt

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 06:03:25 PM »
i use a Pair of Tannoy 8D Monitors , use them for 10 years now and nothing ( affordable ) can beat this  ( Spdif ) speakers system , i use it with a
Focusrite Scarlett 8I6  9 also digital .

Soneg  :)

Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

Offline zionip

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 09:05:56 PM »
I tested / used the following speakers with Genos:
1.  GNS-MS01:  The optional 2.1 speakers for Genos.  Sound quality is good overall.  I had to change the Mixer - Master - Compressor - Output value to 85 on Genos to make acceptable loudness without maximizing the master volume knob of Genos.
2.  Yamaha HS8 powered studio monitor x 2:  The sounds are clean and balanced, cooler and less bass than GNS-MS01, but richer mid and treble sounds - a popular choice for near field studio monitors.
3.  IK Multimedia iLoud micro monitors:  Small and portable with bluetooth, decent mid and treble, but lacks bass.  After augmenting these tiny speakers with a home theater subwoofer, they sound full and rich.
4.  Roland KC500 keyboard amp x 2:  These are big old keyboard amps with rollers, they are louder than the above speaker combos, but the sounds are a little harsher.  The bass sounds of these keyboard amps are unexpectedly less impressive compared with the small GNS-MS01.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 09:17:48 PM »
I use the Genos Speakers for home use and find them very good. I get plenty of volume through them with out use of compressor settings. I have my master volume on twelve Oclock.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 05:25:52 PM »
Yamaha DXR 8's

High powered enough for playing out If you wish and classy quality for low level playing at home.
Clear as crystal and punchy as you like without a boom box on the floor
Front bass ports ,so does not rebound off the wall.
£1000, but will last most of our lifetimes out. These speakers are very powerful an have a quality amp inside and that makes for superb low level listening.
These are Quality and sound as good as a quality Hi -Fi. You will have to get the EQ right and that takes a little time and patience.
I had a bit of hum from these speakers , but a cheap hum destroyer from Amazon cured that.
I also finding them better than my monitors.
If I do all sound levels and panning on these speakers, the results come out great on headphones and finished recordings.
I use Cubase to finalize and do minor edits.

I am still learning though and I will probably not know everything In my lifetime.
GO FOR IT!!! :)

all the best
John :)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 05:48:33 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Mike2

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 09:40:22 PM »
I use the Lucas Nano 300 with my Genos, and I cannot say enough about them. I have owned and tried many of the speakers mentioned here and as far as quality and price, these are hard to beat. They sound great in my home playing room, a 10 x 12 ft. size. I used them a couple of times in church with a crowd of a round 250 people, and they couldn't believe the sound that was coming from this compact Pa system. But with all this said, I guess speakers are always subjective to the listener.

Offline Depo1964

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 01:41:13 AM »
I am using a pair of Genelec M040s.
When I first heard a pair of Genelecs over 20 years ago i was amazed at the clarity and quality of the what came out of them.
With the M040s I'm still amazed... and happy with my purchase even though they are rather expensive.

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 03:39:50 PM »
I use Lucas Nano 600 most of the time, for most "medium" sized gigs/venus, and a pair of Bose S1 for smaller gigs.  For large gigs, I use a pair of FBT Maxx40a's, but I don't haul those out very often any more.

Jim
Raleigh, NC, USA / Genos / Tyros5-61 / Lucas Nana 600 / other stuff