Author Topic: Music finder songs  (Read 6118 times)

swinebc

Music finder songs
« on: July 11, 2018, 03:08:07 PM »
Sorry to be a pest. I just purchased my Tyros 4 which has just 4 sample songs. Are other songs available to download or to buy?? I think this could help me learn to play.
Best Regards, Bernie.

Offline Beatriz

Re: Music finder songs
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 03:34:34 PM »
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 03:35:54 PM by Beatriz »
My best regards,
Beatriz

"If we all waited until we were perfect musicians before we played an instrument, there would be no music in the world." (James Aebersold)

The following users thanked this post: Jacob

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 04:21:01 PM »
And you’re not being a pest. Questions are what this forum is for.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline jes826

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 07:48:33 PM »
Hi swinebc,
If you are looking for sample songs there are lots of member songs located here:
http://psrtutorial.com/perf/index.html
Also, check out http://:psrtutorial.com  for much more information.
John
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 07:50:28 PM by jes826 »

swinebc

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 11:15:50 AM »
Hi.
Many thanks for the replies, I still have not a clue how to download any of the content recommended. Could someone walk me through this. ??
Best Regards, Bernie.

Offline frankia

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 10:34:46 PM »
Hi Bernie.

To download a song played by one of the forum "performers" go to that persons page from the list on the left of the linked page above http://psrtutorial.com/perf/index.html

Now as an example I have chosen this page - http://psrtutorial.com/perf/ryszard.html - go to the bottom of the page where you will see Ryszards songs listed. If you click on one of his songs a new small window will open and the song will start playing. In this window you will see the words "Download this file" - click the words and the file will download to your computer. The mp3 file can be put on a memory stick and placed in the front USB slot in your Tyros 4. If you want to hear it play on your T4 you can select it using the audio recorder / player buttons at the top right of your keyboard (just next to the music rest.

Your title of "Music Finder Songs" suggested that you were looking for files for the "Music Finder" function of your keyboard which is something very different - That is merely a list of songs which when selected will set up your keyboard with an appropriate style / tempo / set of instruments for that song. You can also download "Music Finder" files on this site which have more songs covered than the original one supplied by Yamaha. These files can be edited and used to change the one on your T4 using software developed by other members of this forum. There is lots of help available should you have more questions on that subject.

I wish you lots of fun with your T4 - I have one and a PSR S970. Both are great keyboards.

Cheers Bernie from Bernie  :)

swinebc

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2018, 02:29:41 PM »
Many thanks frankla.
Just a quick one for you.
I received a usb stick with 1000 extra styles onboard when I purchased the  T4. I can find them on the keyboard, but how do I select one. ??? its doing my head in.
Regards, B.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2018, 03:37:51 PM »
Just
Just press the Button next to it to load and then play the keyboard preferably using an Intro to start and you will hear it.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 03:41:40 PM by EileenL »

Offline frankia

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2018, 05:18:22 PM »
Hi Bernie.

Or the longer version just to make sure you understand how the T4 "thinks".

with the keyboard switched on press the "D" button next to the screen then using your "Tab" buttons (top right next to the screen) tab across to the USB then press select against the styles folder (in case you have any other content on that stick) - Do the same for any other sub folders until you get to the style you want. Highlight it by either scrolling to it using the scroll wheel and press "Enter" or press the button "A to G" next to the style you want it will load to your keyboard and you can start playing.

I mention this as many people have gone to a folder and wondered why it didn't work and that is because if you select the "D" button then move to a folder of, say, "Multi Pad" files it won't recognise them as they are not styles.

Cheers

Bernie

swinebc

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2018, 12:45:14 PM »
My thanks to all who have replied. I can now access the usb files. But how do I change to another set of files on the same usb stick ????
Regards.

Offline frankia

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2018, 07:10:32 PM »
Hi Bernie.

It depends on what you want.

If you merely want to play another style then just follow the instructions above - Press "D" etc.

If you want to access files of "multi pads" press "E" next to the multi pads on the screen then tab across to USB and select that folder and then the file you want to use.

If you want to play a WAV or MP3 file you can do that by pressing "Select" on the Audio player (top right) and selecting files on your USB stick in the same way. Likewise you can record and copy your performances with the same player to a USB stick so that you can insert the stick in your computer and share your music with others.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Offline sugarplumsss

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2018, 12:54:00 AM »
I am a case of extremes , on one end , a respected musician, on the other, a person who is quite slow at understanding computers.
I have had Tyros 4 over 5 years, and I am still significantly in the dark, but I am better each period of time I spend much time with it.

So keep asking questions, trust me, you will not understand this machine in a minute.
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.