Author Topic: Midi files  (Read 3152 times)

Offline raywil77

Midi files
« on: August 01, 2018, 12:39:00 PM »
Hi can anyone tell me if you can edit a midi file,   like change the sounds of instruments on the t4 and then save the edited sound thanks

Offline panos

Re: Midi files
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 01:04:30 PM »
Yes you can. It is a similar process for your model like this one:
https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,45607.msg358609.html#msg358609

(I mean for saving the midi with new sounds and not saving the sounds as new voices)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 01:06:38 PM by panos »

Offline overover

Re: Midi files
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 06:05:27 PM »
Hi raywill77,

when you are in "Song Creator - Tab Channel - Setup" screen, it is very important that the MIDI file's position is "at the beginning".

Therefore I recommend to press the SONG STOP button "as a precaution" (before pressing the "Execute" button and saving your new file).

Please control also the settings in "Setup" screen: The upper boxes (Voice to EQ) should be all CHECKED, the lower boxes should only be checked if needed. When "Keyboard Voice" is checked for example, the actual Voice settings of the Keyboard Parts will be written into the MIDI file (what will override your Voice settings stored in Registrations).

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 06:08:36 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)