PSR Keyboards (11 Boards) > PSR-S970/S770/S670 (SFF2)

SysEx info lost when editing a voice

(1/5) > >>

Outof:
Hello

My Yamaha PSR s970 keyboard (and other pro yamaha key instruments) have a SysEx number (MSB/LSB/PC) for each preset/voice. As soon as I start editing the sound, I loose this SysEx number. Is there a way to store the edited sound with this information (SysEx) kept?

Right now I can only recall original preset/voices from external equipment. As soon as I edit the sound, I loose that oppurtunity.

So glad if someone could help.

Joe H:
Please explain what type of editing are you doing and what software are you using.  I use StyleMagic software and I never experience the problem you are having.

Joe H

andyg:
Or are saying that when you edit a voice using the keyboard itself, the resulting edited voice, now stored in User, has no Bank Select (CC 0 and CC32) or Programme Change numbers (not Sysex) and is therefore not accessible when using an external device or a DAW?

Outof:
Well, if I edit a guitar sound and use another guitar effect, I have made a change - and have to save the sound to User for get it back later. As soon as it get there, the MSB/LSB/PC is gone.

(I have turned ON the MSB/LSB/PC info for each voice by the way)

Joe H:
I still don't understand what it is your doing.  If you created a User Voice and load that User Voice it will still load the Preset Voice with the new DSP settings. There will be no new MSB - LSB - PC for user Voices.

Joe H

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version