Author Topic: Vocal Harmony - sometimes it executes... and sometimes it doesn't ???  (Read 3026 times)

Offline Depo1964

I have my footswitch set up so that I can control turning on and off the vocal harmony(VH).

I'll play a song and get to a point in the song where I want to use VH on...hit the footswitch and I can sing with the harmonies being heard..... 
then I'll hit the footswitch again to turn VH off.
When I come to the section in the song where I want the VH to execute again, I'll hit the footswitch to turn VH on.... however, no harmonies are heard???  :(

Sometimes, when I get to the first section in the song where I want to turn on VH I'll hit the footswitch and no harmonies are heard.   :o 

I had a look at this topic,
https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php?topic=41898.0
which I assume Flemming meant "Vocal Hall 2"  and not "Voice Hall 2" ,
changed my setting to Vocal Hall 2,  and also turned off Vocal Effect, recommended by Paul, but neither are fixing my problem....

Does anyone use their footswitch to turn VH on and off, and if so, can you please tell me what your settings are for VH?
Thx.

Offline EileenL

Do you have this pedal setting saved to all the registration buttons you are using for your song and do you have pedal settings ticked in memory.

Offline Depo1964

Do you have this pedal setting saved to all the registration buttons you are using for your song and do you have pedal settings ticked in memory.
Hi Eileen, 
Yes. I am saving to Assignable --> Foot Pedals  2 - VH Harmony On/Off for each Registration (Assignable is ticked on the Memory Save) per song.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 02:27:36 AM by Depo1964 »

Offline Depo1964

Found out what my problem was.
I don't play my Genos as an Arranger Workstation.
Rather, I split the keyboard and play bass with my left hand and chords with my right.
So I found the setting to change the harmony to work for the upper (right hand)  part of the keyboard.
I thought that it had been saved.... apparently it had not and I can't explain the intermittent functioning
of the harmony while playing chords on my right hand.... however. it is working properly now.