Author Topic: Link audio to multipads  (Read 4496 times)

Link audio to multipads
« on: July 04, 2018, 09:03:46 PM »
Hi all,

Can someone direct me to a link that shows the application of using audio files linked to multipads? I would like a demo that is not EDM. I'm still not at all clear how or why we can do this. For example, suppose I have a really nice piece of music at 150 bpm, how does that connect with the Genos? How do I use it?

Is there a decent tutorial, in English and not EDM!? I've searched YouTube and can't find anything other than EDM :(. The info is very vague too. I'm confused about this apparently very useful tool. Many thanks...:)
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Normanfernandez

Re: Link audio to multipads
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 09:19:42 PM »
Wave Audio?
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline Normanfernandez

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 09:23:56 PM »
https://youtu.be/5KeLJenWFbs

As far as I know I don't think Audio Links can change tempo,
But here's a video and demo,
If there's any question please let me know.
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 09:44:37 PM »
Thanks Norman...I also think I saw someone use mp3 as well??
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 10:02:39 PM »
I've seen that video. Is the tempo of the vocals Bert imported, the deciding factor when he played back the Multipads? Or did he select a certain rhythm and tempo on the S950, where the vocals were mapped to its tempo?

Offline DerekA

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 03:42:04 PM »
Perhaps you want to drop a clip of Blofeld saying "Ah Mr Bond, I was expecting you". Or a special sound effect without having to create a voice in YEM. Or a small vocal clip.

Marcus

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2018, 05:16:43 AM »
Hi all,

Can someone direct me to a link that shows the application of using audio files linked to multipads? I would like a demo that is not EDM. I'm still not at all clear how or why we can do this. For example, suppose I have a really nice piece of music at 150 bpm, how does that connect with the Genos? How do I use it?

Is there a decent tutorial, in English and not EDM!? I've searched YouTube and can't find anything other than EDM :(. The info is very vague too. I'm confused about this apparently very useful tool. Many thanks...:)

Hi Lee

I created a demo song and video tutorial a couple of years ago on my Tyros 5 that demonstrated syncing a MIDI Song File, a Style and an Audio Multipad. I'll re-post the links below.

Similar process on the Genos, except the Genos can play multiple Audio Link Multi Pads simultaneously. This opens up incredible creativity potential, but would require experimentation and user ingenuity to make the process work properly.

From Yamaha demos I seen, the user manually presses the audio multipad at the correct time to start playing in synchronization to the style tempo. Not exact science, but it works if the bpm of the audio multipad matches the tempo of the style. So in your particular case of using an audio file of 150 bpm, the style would also have to be set at 150 bpm.

The way I have used Audio Multipads, I take it a step further and sync/start the Audio Multipad at the very beginning with a matched style or in my video demo sync a MIDI Song file, style and an Audio Multipad at the same time and they all run through the course of the song in proper synchronization. There is a slight difference on the Genos compared to the Tyros 5 in arming the Sync/Start at the same time, but in both cases the arming process can be saved to a registration.

Difference on the Genos is, the MIDI Song Sync/Start is located within the MIDI Song player with the icon (see photo below) within the interface on the touch screen instead of the buttons on the Tyros 5. Sync/Start buttons on both the Style Control and the Multipad Control sections are the same on the Genos.

Though you can just manually press your particular Audio Multipad to start at a specific time, I personally use the auto Sync/Start method from the beginning of the song, predetermined and set to stay perfectly in sync during the whole song. It would take more work on my part to then Sync/Start more than one prepared Audio Multipad, but the results and creative potential is mind boggling to say the least. Once created, prepared in the auto Sync/Start mode and ultimately saved to a registration, the complex song is forever saved and ready to go in a live performance setting.

All my audio files are prepared ahead of time through computer programs. I use a Video Editing program called Pinnacle 21, which sounds strange using a video editor for audio, but I can import all my audio song files into the program with the Audio tracks represented with a visual wave form aligned on top of each other. The wave form visually shows the beats within the wave form and in relationship with the other audio tracks I'll use in that song.

I found my older screen shot of my earlier work using Pinnacle 16 and the same song I used for the video tutorial. The photo below shows how I aligned and edited the audio files.

Anyway, without boring everyone to death, here the links below to my video tutorial and mp3 demo song. I had a bad cold at the time of creating the video, so my voice is a bit hoarse. The video shows the Sync/Start process of a MIDI Song, style and audio multipad, but does show an example how an audio multipad can be used. Note that you must download the video from the link in order to view on your PC. I don't have a YouTube account.

HowCanYouMendABrokenHeart_KeyDx2.mp3
https://app.box.com/s/fvw5sb5tbegngdbsw4ccpjxwpm4y756g

Tyros5 Sync(download video MP4 tutorial to view)
https://app.box.com/s/5yw1e9mcwsuk9w1mcd32nrst2s4u6fud

Hope the links still work and hopefully useful.
Marcus

The following users thanked this post: dragon