Author Topic: Draw bar display  (Read 3680 times)

Draw bar display
« on: June 30, 2018, 03:48:22 PM »
Hi team,

When you select a draw bar organ, is there any way to have the footages automatically display in the Slider Assign window? It seems logical to design it that way. As it is, when you select a draw bar organ, you must toggle through the various windows until you see the draw bar footages. Not very intuitive when you're playing in a band and alternate between piano and organ voices. I was hoping it could be stored with the registration but, no it doesn't work. Any work- around for this?
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline soryt

Re: Draw bar display
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 03:25:23 PM »
You can program  an assignable button with sound edit , one push and you see the drawbars

Soneg  :)
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 10:29:19 PM »
Didn't know that, Soneg! Many thanks. I shall do that :).
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

whataguy

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 03:45:57 PM »
What an impressive array of equipment, do you have a speedboat too? You're my hero, I parade your list in front of my wife and say 'see, some guys do'. I just get the 'look'. Maybe when I get bigger I can have this too, instead of a Genos without speakers. Don in MI

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 04:19:34 PM »
Nope, no speed boat :). I have learned to sleep with one eye open though! All my friends and relatives keep saying my wife deserves a medal  ;D.

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 06:36:21 PM »
You can program  an assignable button with sound edit , one push and you see the drawbars

Soryt, I don't see a "sound edit" category in the Assignable list. What is the exact name of the category?

***, why can't Yamaha organize all lists alphabetically?! The alphabet has been around for at least 10 years!!

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2018, 07:12:39 PM »
Lee, its name is Voice Edit. It comes up with Voice Set for most voices, but when an Organ Flute is selected it shows the Drawbars. You may need an extra button press or 2 during a performance to ensure whatever voice part that contains the organ is re-selected when other voice parts are turned on or off.
John
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 07:32:15 PM by jwyvern »

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2018, 07:59:40 PM »
Okay, thanks John. It doesn't really give you us a better advantage. It's the same number of button pushes. Perhaps an OS update would solve the issue. It makes sense to me that when the draw bar organs are selected, the small display should show the footages because the physical bars have no markings like the real organs :).

And how about all those **** lists! ALPHABETICALLY PLEASE YAMAHA (LOL).

Offline soryt

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2018, 09:53:17 PM »
If you make a registration with the voice edit button ( i use (and program) mostly the same buttons) always on the same place ( i use button A ), you can with 1 click activate the Drawbar screen I made a registration with this setting called *** buttons , makes live a lot easy .

see the screen captures

Soneg  :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2018, 10:06:30 PM »
Thanks Soneg! I'll give it another go :).