Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Recording & Song Player

How To Turn Off Midi and Audio Buttons?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Reg:
  Thank you Paul.  You defined the problem and solution exactly. Reg

khudson7:
So Paul,
Once a song is in the song player, there is no way to take it out, without turning off Genos and then on again?

I have 2 Registrations, one is a Blank Registration which is saved and I use it start a new registration(and it is saved without a song in it).  I have another which defaults to a Piano sound with no song saved in it. 

Whenever I do use a Registration that uses a midi file, that midi file is in the Song Player, even when I switch to one of the above Registrations which do not have a song related to them.  So the only way to clear out the Song Player then, is to re-start Genos with a Registration that does not have a song related to it?

Is that correct?  Or am I missing something here.

Regards,
Ken

zionip:

--- Quote from: khudson7 on September 01, 2018, 01:51:06 PM ---So Paul,
Once a song is in the song player, there is no way to take it out, without turning off Genos and then on again?

I have 2 Registrations, one is a Blank Registration which is saved and I use it start a new registration(and it is saved without a song in it).  I have another which defaults to a Piano sound with no song saved in it. 

Whenever I do use a Registration that uses a midi file, that midi file is in the Song Player, even when I switch to one of the above Registrations which do not have a song related to them.  So the only way to clear out the Song Player then, is to re-start Genos with a Registration that does not have a song related to it?

Is that correct?  Or am I missing something here.

Regards,
Ken

--- End quote ---

Hi Ken,

You are not missing something - you described it correctly.

If you load up a song either through a registration or directly selecting the song, the song playback button is lit, and the song name shows up at the Home screen.  If you then load up a registration without a song in it, the song button (audio/MIDI song playback button) is still lit, and the song name still shows on the Home screen.  Then when you power off Genos, and power it back up, the song playback button does not lit, and the song(s) on the Home screen is/are cleared, with your last loaded registration without a song in it still loaded.

At least the above is the experiment I did to discover how to clear the songs on the Home screen, or how to 'unlit' the song playback button(s).  I have not found another way to clear the songs at the Home screen without rebooting Genos.  If you can find another way of clearing the songs at the Home screen without rebooting Genos, please let me know.

Thanks,
Paul

jwyvern:
I often leave a registration linked to songs loaded when I switch off but have not found the song buttons active after simply switching on. You have to additionally press one of the linked reg buttons to cause that to happen.

If the player buttons are persistently lit they can be cleared:
For midi-- Push the recording button and select Midi quick or multi. The light goes off so now exit from those screens.
For Audio- push the adjacent Prev button a few times (usually 3) and the Play light goes out.

John

khudson7:
Thanks John,
I did get the light to go out for a midi loaded song using your suggestion.  GREAT and thanks, that is very helpful and a really neat trick.

However, your suggestion for audio files, did not seem to work for me.  On the song player list screen, hitting the Previous button several times, just seems to go backward up the list of my mp3 files, when it reaches the top it loops back to the bottom and keeps going backward. ( In my case I was trying to get the light to go out in the B song side, not sure if that had anything to do with it).  So the light did not go out for a mp3 file that was loaded. 

For me, the majority of songs I use are midi files so your first suggestion was really helpful for me.
If you have any other suggestions for audio files, that would be great, also.

Regards,
Ken

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version