Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Recording & Song Player

How To Turn Off Midi and Audio Buttons?

<< < (3/3)

jwyvern:
Ken,
It happens that I have an empty Audio file saved a couple of positions up from the genuine file that was loaded, so when the Prev. Button reaches that and tries to load it the audio light goes out. Also, if I try to load that file directly the light also goes out (and I get an error message complaining the file format is not correct). So an alternative method might be for you to go to record an audio file (but don't play any notes! ) and save it so you can load it any time you need to turn off the audio light.
But I can't see that leaving the light on is particularly limiting for audio as it seems you can carry out all needed  operations  (or does it cause a problem?) and in any case it should naturally disappear after the next power on as explained in my previous post.
John

khudson7:
Thanks again, John,
I will try that with the audio files.  Sounds like it would work.

I know it may seem a bit trivial as to whether this light is on or off as it does not limit any of the functionality but for me, this has caused a few problems.  (First off, I am still new at this, only had the Genos for a short while), but it has caused the following problems for me:

1.  I was originally told, when saving a registration, and it shows all the check boxes to select, that if you are unsure, just check them all.  So now I have a bunch of saved registration banks that load up a style(and the unrelated song that happened to be loaded at save time, even though the registration bank is playing from a style(not a song).  I am having to now go back and slowly update those registration banks to get that song out, from showing on the home page if that bank is style related.

2.  As the amount of banks I have saved, is growing rapidly, It is much easier for me when looking at the home screen to remind me that this tune is a style if the song box is blank, or a song, if there is an actual related song in the song box of the home page.

I know this is my(beginner type) error and it has become a learning process for me when saving a bank. Since for me at this point, most of the banks I have saved, are related to a style or midi file, your first suggestion is helping me clean up what is displayed on the home screen for my banks.

Thanks again for your help,
Ken

Fred Smith:

--- Quote from: khudson7 on September 02, 2018, 06:24:28 PM ---
I was originally told, when saving a registration, and it shows all the check boxes to select, that if you are unsure, just check them all.

--- End quote ---

At least you didn’t get this from me. As I say in my videos, treat registrations on a need to know basis. Check only the boxes that the registration needs to know.

If you have a bunch of registrations to fix, use Murray Best’s Registration Manager. It can fix a batch of registrations in one go.

Cheers,
Fref

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version