Author Topic: Songbook+ and MD-BT01 ?  (Read 9646 times)

Offline Bob88

Songbook+ and MD-BT01 ?
« on: June 27, 2018, 07:13:22 PM »
  Bluetooth is enabled now. MD-Bt01 is showing "connected and Midi A in and out verified.
  I  clicked  on the 3 dots(...),selected Bluetooth Le midi then selected devices and MD-BT01  was recognized as connected.  Still unable to complete the link of Registration-PDF
in Songbook+ . Somewhere in a previous post there was mention of changing the "Host"
number.  Not sure if that is necessary.   I followed Al's instructions and it appeared everything was in place.  Bob

Offline Al Ram

Re: Songbook+ and MD-BT01 ?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 07:26:31 PM »
You still need to go to SongBook+ and LINK each PDF to the corresponding keyboard registration.   There is a menu for that in SongBook.

I am at work right now and cannot look it up but if you follow the instructions in the manual that i sent you you will find how to do it.

I will try to check it later tonight when at home.

thanks

AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Bob88

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 08:14:09 PM »
  AL:    The reason I did not have success when I followed your instructions is:  the page you described that mentioned the link ,is NOT on my Songbook+.  There is No "Yamaha Link to Keyboard" on the list.  I did read the manual and discovered my Songbook+ is different.
The blue line titles on the page  are:  Record, Zoom and Other.   No options for a link.  I am using version
3.2.1 of Songbook+.  I am assuming it is the latest version.  No indication of an update.
Hopefully someone from Songbook software reads this forum.  Bob

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 08:37:00 PM »
  AL:    The reason I did not have success when I followed your instructions is:  the page you described that mentioned the link ,is NOT on my Songbook+.  There is No "Yamaha Link to Keyboard" on the list.  I did read the manual and discovered my Songbook+ is different.
The blue line titles on the page  are:  Record, Zoom and Other.   No options for a link.  I am using version
3.2.1 of Songbook+.  I am assuming it is the latest version.  No indication of an update.
Hopefully someone from Songbook software reads this forum.  Bob

3.2.1 is the latest version of Songbook+

But I have no idea what you're talking about when you say "blue line titles on the page are: Record, Zoom and Other" I don't see that anywhere in my app.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 08:42:34 PM »
On a Genos, you do the following to link Songbook Pdfs to a registration.

1. Ensure your midi connection is on (ellipses>Bluetooth LE midi>Bluetooth LE MIDI devices>MD-BT01 displays "Connected").
2. Load your registration
3. Load your sheet music
4. Tap the top of the screen to get the menu, press the ellipsis, tap Now link the song.

Repeat steps 2 through 4 for each registration you have.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline Bob88

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 12:26:09 AM »
Fred:  Check Al's posting on my previous thread where he has a link to  Songbook+ manual.  Check topic 7 page 11. NOTE: Record, Zoom, Link to Yamaha (in blue).
 Songbook+ on my Ipad shows Record, Zoom, Other (in blue).  NO LINK LISTED.   That's the problem. The link option is not there. Bob

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2018, 03:38:43 AM »
Fred:  Check Al's posting on my previous thread where he has a link to  Songbook+ manual.  Check topic 7 page 11. NOTE: Record, Zoom, Link to Yamaha (in blue).
 Songbook+ on my Ipad shows Record, Zoom, Other (in blue).  NO LINK LISTED.   That's the problem. The link option is not there. Bob

Take a look at page 10 in the manual. Did you follow the instructions there, especially Control mode?

And why is there a separate thread for this? It sure makes it difficult to follow the conversation.

Hope this helps,
Fred

Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline voodoo

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2018, 11:31:03 AM »
Bob,

you have to activate Genos control mode in Settings (gear) -> Midi -> keyboard control. Then it works.

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Offline Bob88

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2018, 06:48:50 PM »

Fred and Uli:  Thank you for your reponses. Sorry for posting  the same thread twice.  It was not intended to be there but  inadvertently pressing the wrong buttons was the cause. I was not sure how to delete it.

I managed to get  the link functioning properly for a song and desired registration. Unfortunately, I cannot do the same with another reg. or pdf.  All the settings appear as they should be.  When I try to process the 2nd song and reg. it says the song file is linked but the sheet music does not appear.  If I then go back to the first
song and reg that were linked  they open without a problem.  Bob

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2018, 09:04:32 PM »
Bob

It looks like little by little you are making progress and getting there.   

Make sure that SongBook+ is 'connected' to the keyboard.

Follow the instructions provided by Fred in the previous post:

2. Load your registration on the keyboard
3. Load your sheet music on the ipad
4. Tap the top of the screen to get the menu, press the ellipsis, tap Now link the song.

Repeat steps 2 through 4 for each registration you have.

Basically, you need to have both open at same time, the registration on the keyboard and the PDF on the ipad and then do the linking.     Make sure you do not press any button on the registration until after the linking.     The Songbook will then link the PDF present to the keyboard registration present.

Hope this helps.

thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline voodoo

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2018, 03:41:27 PM »

Fred and Uli:  Thank you for your reponses. Sorry for posting  the same thread twice.  It was not intended to be there but  inadvertently pressing the wrong buttons was the cause. I was not sure how to delete it.

I managed to get  the link functioning properly for a song and desired registration. Unfortunately, I cannot do the same with another reg. or pdf.  All the settings appear as they should be.  When I try to process the 2nd song and reg. it says the song file is linked but the sheet music does not appear.  If I then go back to the first
song and reg that were linked  they open without a problem.  Bob

Which MIDI port of Genos do you use for the bluetooth adapter?

I made the observation, that it works only on Port A, the same that is used for WLAN connection.

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Offline Bob88

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2018, 04:37:18 PM »
  Al: Thanks again  for responding.  I have followed Fred's instructions that you have mentioned.  Step by step I have done everything that was suggested.  The MD-BT01
IS connected.  The link is confirmed.  Everything selected for the first reg and desired pdf is checked  and pdf opens when selecting  the   reg.

When I select a different reg. and the pdf  for  it, all the same settings mentioned above are in place but the pdf does not open when I select the reg. even though the link of the song is confirmed. 

Uli:  I am using midi port A.   Bob

Offline Bob88

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2018, 12:39:18 AM »
  Problem solved. Registrations and pdfs(songs) now linking  properly.  Thanks to all for
your help. Bob

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2018, 01:07:52 AM »
  Problem solved. Registrations and pdfs(songs) now linking  properly.  Thanks to all for
your help. Bob

And the solution was?
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline Bob88

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2018, 03:00:40 PM »
  I removed the link from  the  problem registration and related song file(pdf) and relinked
them. Since then  the process is flawless. Bob