Author Topic: Tyros 4 Samples import  (Read 33327 times)

Tyros 4 Samples import
« on: June 27, 2018, 06:35:13 PM »
Please help me,  I have two questions.

1.The Tyros 4 can import soundfonts like the PSR S keyboards?
2. How I can share a sound that I create on Yem to Tyros4 users?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 01:12:55 AM by rodrigo.b »

Offline EileenL

Re: Tyros 4 Samples import
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 09:43:29 PM »
You will need to export the voice as a PPF file to share it.

The following users thanked this post: rodrigo.b

Monang

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 11:25:31 PM »
Thanks Eillen....
Can you give me tutorial create New drum or New voice on Tyros 4?

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 11:55:41 PM »
Please help me,  I have two questions.

1.The Tyros 4 can import soundfonts like the PSR S keyboards?
2. How I can share a sound that I create on Yem to Tyros4 users?

Hi rodrigo.b,

1. Tyros4 can NOT import soundfonts (.sf2) (but only T3/T4 Custom Voices in .uvn/.uvd format).

2. Packs / Voices created in YEM can only be exported in .ppf format (or in encrypted / copy protected .cpf format).

To my knowledge, it is NOT possible to convert Voices from .ppf format to .uvn format, unfortunately.

But you can convert .sf2 to .uvn in "Awave Studio". This is also possible with the DEMO version of that PC program, but you have to restart the program after each single conversion.

http://www.fmjsoft.com/awavestudio.html#main

You could try to import a .ppf file (created in YEM) to an Audio Editor (e. g. "Audacity") as a "RAW" data. Then you will have all Wave data of the included Voice(s) as one Wave file. These Wave data can edited again and used to create a Custom Voice on the T4. To do this, each single Wave file must be imported directly to the T4. Then the Waves must be mapped to the desired keys to make a Custom Voice in .uvn format. This Custom Voice can also be edited on T4 PC Voice Editor.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 11:58:06 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: rodrigo.b

Monang

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 03:28:15 AM »
Hi overover!! Thank you for reply,..  :)
I using yamaha keyboard Tyros 4
I'm not understand, how use sampling New drums and Voice on tyros 4, if Tyros 5 can do it with YEM very simple,  how with myTyros 4?, can do it on YEM?
I say very thank you for help me,  with Video tutorial.
Thank you very much..

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2018, 07:09:33 PM »
Making Custom Voices on Tyros4

Hi Monang,

you have to create new Custom Normal Voices or Custom Drum Voices directly on the Tyros4. Please read the Tyros4 Reference Manual first, pages 17 - 33 "Creating Custom Voices (Voice Creator)".

You have to make your Samples externally, for example on a PC (exactly as for T5). Each single Wave file (must be in format "44.1 kHz / 16-bit / Stereo") has to be imported into Voice Creator. Then you can MAP the Samples to the desired Keys, and you can store this as a new Custom Voice on Tyros4.

Now, you can tweak this Custom Voice by using the PC program "Tyros4 Voice Editor". This program is on the Factory CD which came originally with the Tyros4. (This program is NOT available on Yamaha websites for download.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZk_d0lvTno

If you don't have this CD, please come back here. I will place a download link for the program, then.

P.S.
You could also import your Wave Samples into the PC program "Awave Studio" (I mentioned above), make the Key Mapping in that program and store the Voice in .uvn format (T4 Custom Normal Voice) or .uvd format (T4 Custom Drum Voice). Then import these Voice(s) to Tyros4 by using "INDIVIDUAL LOAD".

Please note: There is only ONE Custom Normal Voice Bank on Tyros4 (MSB 63 / LSB 0, 128 Voices max.) and ONE Custom Drum Voice Bank (MSB 62 / LSB 0, 20 Voices max.).

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 07:28:45 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Monang

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2019, 12:37:06 AM »
Hi
I have some quaestions on my lovely Tyros 4 :)
1. how the methode put into wave to UVD become 3 Elements or more elements?
2. how the methode make a looping wave to UVN on the Tyros 4? it use the software TWE compitable for tyros 4?
Thank You Very Much

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2019, 02:23:36 AM »
Hi
I have some quaestions on my lovely Tyros 4 :)
1. how the methode put into wave to UVD become 3 Elements or more elements?
2. how the methode make a looping wave to UVN on the Tyros 4? it use the software TWE compitable for tyros 4?
Thank You Very Much

Hi Monang,

1) the only program I know about creating UVD Drumkit Voices containing multiple Layers ("Elements") is "Awave Studio":

https://www.fmjsoft.com/awavestudio.html#main

There is a free Trial version. You can make UVD/UVN Voices with this version, but you have to restart the program after each savíng process of a voice.

2) UVN Voices support ONE Loop Point in each Wave file. You can use any wave editor program that supports setting Loop Points, e. g. "TWE" (Yamaha Tiny Wave Editor).

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 02:25:36 AM by overover »