Author Topic: Substitutions For Missing Styles on Genos  (Read 4566 times)

Offline porterma

Substitutions For Missing Styles on Genos
« on: June 27, 2018, 12:27:14 AM »
Hi,
As I look to upgrade to the new Genos from my current Tyros 4 I notice that there are missing "Tyros 4" styles on the new Genos that I use with songs on my Tyros 4. I know that I can load those missing styles into the "user" section of the Genos, but I am wondering if there are good "substitution" preset styles for these missing styles on the Genos? I had heard that some styles are just renamed. For example, the new Genos is missing the style "Singer Songwriter", but has a new style called "Songwriter Ballad" - are these basically the same style ?

Here is a list of the missing styles and the songs I use them with - If anyone can suggest a good substitution preset style on the Genos for any of these, I would be greatly appreciative.

70's Chart Country  - used with song: "Top of the World"
     Mor Swing - used with song: "Close To You" (carpenters)
     Acoustic Ballad - used with song "500 Miles"
     8 Beat Ballad 2 - used with song "If I Could Read Your Mind" (Lightfoot)
    Pop Piano Ballad - used with song "The Rose"
     70's Country Pop - used with song "Someday Soon"
    Big Screen Classic -used with song "Sometimes When We Touch"
    6/8 Slow Rock 2 - used with song "Sweet Caroline"
    6/8 Orchestral Ballad - used with song "Unchained Melody"
    Finger Pickin - used with song "A Winter's Night"
   60's Guitar Pop - used with song "World Without Love"
  Pop Guitar Ballad - used with song "You've Got A Friend"

Thanks for the help.

Mark

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Substitutions For Missing Styles on Genos
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 12:57:17 AM »
Just the the Genos do the substitution. I found it does a really good job.

But, just in case you're unhappy with it, copy your T4 styles before you sell it. Then you can use it as a user style to replace Genos's substitution.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline porterma

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 01:17:11 AM »
Hi Fred,
Thank you for your response and willingness to help me.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "Just the the Genos do the substitution. I found it does a really good job." How does the "Genos" do the substitution ?
I know that I can copy my old Tyros 4 styles to the user section the genos. I was just wondering if there were actual new preset styles on the genos that are taking the place of these missing styles and could work well with these specific songs.

Thanks,

Mark

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 04:09:09 AM »
Mark
If you have T4 registrations that you transferred to Genos . . . . if/when Genos cannot find the exact T4 style for that registration, Genos will make a substitution and will assign a new Genos style similar to the missing T4 style.

A couple of ocassions I did not like the Genos substitution and then had to bring the old style into Genos. 

I thing you will have to try the styles and see if they fit your songs.  I had to check one by one each of my registrations transferred to Genos and test everything one by one.     

thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 12:10:39 PM »
I have always saved all the styles on my currant keyboard since Tyros 1. You will find with some older styles they may have just changed the intro's but the basic style remains the same. Some of the Tyros 5 styles are not on Genos now but you can download those from the Genos download site along with new Playlists and other things. Worth giving it a look.

Offline terryB

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 05:09:38 PM »
Hi Mark, you can go to Yamaha download site and download all the Tyros 5 styles not included with Genos (well over 100). I think that many of these styles where included previously on Tyros 4.

Cheers
Terry

Offline AlBags

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 02:35:21 PM »

Yes, Tyros 5 styles for your 4 are the way to go.

Al
😊  I started out with nothing .. and I've got most of it left!  😊

🎹 Tyros 5-76,  now the brilliant Genos 🎹
Genelec 8030C Studio Monitors on K&M stands
K&M Spider Pro Stand, K&M Accessories. I love K&M!