Author Topic: wifi built in..  (Read 4458 times)

mstone73

wifi built in..
« on: June 26, 2018, 01:27:44 AM »
hi ~ everyone.

I heard that the genos sold in India are not equipped with wifi.

Genos users in Germany. Is it equipped with wifi?

Offline mcbrown

Re: wifi built in..
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 04:46:31 AM »
I am in Australia and my Genos has built in wifi. I have copied the statement below from the Genos Owners Manual page 112. There is more information in  chapter 13 of the Genos Reference Manual. Go through the steps in the Reference Manual which should indicate if you have a built in WiFi function.

You can make  connections by one  of  the following  methods.
• Connecting  via  the wireless LAN function (*1).
• Connect  to the [USB TO HOST] terminal  via a  Wireless  MIDI Adaptor: UD-BT01 (*2)
• Connect  to the MIDI  terminals  via a  Wireless  MIDI Adaptor: MD-BT01 (*2)
*1 The wireless LAN function  may not be  included  depending on  your  area.
*2 These  accessories  are  sold separately, but  may not  be  available depending on your  area.
For  details on connections, refer to  the “iPhone/iPad Connection Manual”  and  the Reference Manual on  the  website. For information about  the compatible smart devices and  application  tools,  access the following page: https://www.yamaha.com/kbdapps/

Murray
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 04:51:33 AM by mcbrown »
Genos + MS01, TouchMix 30 Dig Mixer, Fender Strat & Tele, Cole Clark FL3, Music Man 210 75 and Behringer: FCB1010, B1200D Subs x 2 & B205D f/b spkrs x4, Boss: GT-1 Guitar Fx, Roland: GR-55 Guitar Synth, MAUI 28 G2 & 5 GO x2, Korg EK-50L Arranger, Zoom L-8

Bachus

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 08:52:24 PM »
I understood that in certain countries build in wifi is disabled because of specific laws in those countries..

Offline MillKa

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 12:32:47 AM »
.. Genos users in Germany. Is it equipped with wifi? ..

Yes.
Martin makes noises on Yamaha Genos, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20; previously Yamaha PSR-S950, Technics SX-GX7, Yamaha DX-7, Roland MT-32

8t8KEEZ

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 12:45:12 AM »
Here's a dumb question - What's the WiFi for??????

edtek

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 04:26:04 PM »
8T8,  It keeps the clock updated.

Offline zionip

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 04:45:42 PM »
Here's a dumb question - What's the WiFi for??????

There are two functions for WiFi on Genos:
1.  It provides a connection between your computer and your Genos so Yamaha Expansion Manager can install minor expansion updates on the Genos remotely, without the use of a USB drive.
2.  It allows the Genos to get time from the network.

Thanks,
Paul

8t8KEEZ

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2018, 09:52:11 PM »
AH, okay! That makes a little sense. Thanks so much, gents! and gals, of course....

Offline overover

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2018, 01:37:08 AM »
Hi 8t8KEEZ,

you can also make a MIDI-over-wifi connection to a mobile device (e. g. an iPad with "Songbook+" (SB+) oder "OnSong" installed).

SB+ supports a new function to "couple" Genos Registrations and text or sheet music in SB+ by only "ONE CLICK". And this works in BOTH DIRECTIONS, automatically. :)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)