Author Topic: Is anyone else hearing about a Genos 2 release rumor?  (Read 2054 times)

Offline Dnj

Is anyone else hearing about a Genos 2 release rumor?
« on: June 28, 2022, 03:17:24 PM »
It makes sense if the Korg Pa5x release rumor is true in a few days that Yamaha would be close behind in the new arranger keyboard competition market. It's been way too long in between and players yearn for new TOTL/MOTL models. Not only that shortages will not allow to even buy much used as stores just don't have any stock.Even tough genos is almost 5 years old it is still a fantastic Arranger kb for sure Maybe they will just add some Major software improvement Upgrades to Genos. What are your thoughts going forward?...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 03:19:14 PM by Dnj »

Offline ton37

Re: Is anyone else hearing about a Genos 2 release rumor?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2022, 07:27:58 PM »
Obviously no one has heard anything. So we speculate wildly: I don't expect any more (software-related) update on the Genos/SX.... That doesn't make any money anymore. In order not to lose too large a share of the market, Yamaha will have to come up with a good counterpart. The Korgies can choose from the PA5x series (61/78/88) and maybe some Yammies opt for the PA5X-61 because it is an 'attractive' price and 61 keys are enough? Much depends on the (sound) quality of the PA5x. For me: only a Genos-2 61. Otherwise a PA5x or if I'm patient (and I can have that with the SX900 ;-)) a PSR successor. So I'm quite curious about the PA5x. There is no harm in watching and listening. All luxury problems.. the future will show....
My best regards,
Ton

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2022, 09:33:59 PM »
"Is anyone else hearing about a Genos 2 release rumor?"

Nah, only thing was the bad manipulated pictures of empty Genos boxes posted some time ago...
Regarding the Korg PA5X, it's not if anymore, but when. New links to videos is posted at Korg forum, and also a link to UK Webinar at June 30.
Cheers 🥂
GJ

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2022, 10:20:20 PM »
"Is anyone else hearing about a Genos 2 release rumor?"

Nah, only thing was the bad manipulated pictures of empty Genos boxes posted some time ago...
Regarding the Korg PA5X, it's not if anymore, but when. New links to videos is posted at Korg forum, and also a link to UK Webinar at June 30.

Can you share those links please?

Offline Gunnar Jonny

Cheers 🥂
GJ

The following users thanked this post: rodrigo.b

Offline Dnj

« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 02:44:17 PM by Dnj »