Author Topic: Can you play a single style from an expansion pack alone?  (Read 7465 times)

Offline Dnj

Can you play a single style from an expansion pack alone?
« on: August 06, 2018, 12:35:11 PM »
Can you load a single style isolated  from an expansion pack alone? without loading the entire expansion pack...
which takes up so much memory?......

thank you

Offline zionip

Re: Can you play a single style from an expansion pack alone?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 01:05:41 PM »
You can use the .Net program StyleExtractor written by jexino to extract the styles from the .ppf / .ppi files on your Windows computer:
https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,44290.msg349184.html#msg349184

Then you can just copy the styles on to your USB flash drive, and play these styles on your PSR-S970 without installing the expansion packs.

Each expansion pack may come with specific voices / sounds without which the styles may not sound properly.  You can install expansion packs one at a time to see if you like any of the styles, mark the sounds / styles you like.  Then you can use YEM (Yamaha Expansion Manager) to check and include the ones that you like to generate the final installation pack file in order to fit as much as possible the stuff that you like in to the expansion flash memory.

Thanks,
Paul
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 01:11:53 PM by zionip »

Offline Dnj

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 01:22:51 PM »
Thank you Paul for the great info.....I tried the program but it only extracted a "voice file" of the pack?? not the styles
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 01:38:44 PM by Dnj »

Offline zionip

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 07:45:53 PM »
The StyleExtractor program extracted not only the voices, but also the styles in a separate folder.  Your problem is already resolved as I emailed the styles to you.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline Joe H

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 07:56:26 PM »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline thomas750

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2018, 11:55:43 AM »
The StyleExtractor program extracted not only the voices, but also the styles in a separate folder.  Your problem is already resolved as I emailed the styles to you.

Thanks,
Paul
hallo zionip
when i use the styleextractor i dont see the styles what do i wrong
thomas
I Play The yamaha prs sx 700

Offline Jørgen

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2018, 03:40:18 PM »
Hi

Software: Style In YEP/PPI Files

Style In YEP/PPI Files is a software program for extracting style files from Yamaha Expansion Packs.

This program extracts style files from YEP/PPI files; and saves the extracted files in a subfolder to the original file.

http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/yep/index.htm

Jørgen
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha
- since 1999

Offline gary3917

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2018, 07:54:27 PM »
 download YEM program then you have to click on File... in the YEP picture and select  Open a YEp.PPI File .....Files of type and then select All Files (it will read Expansion Pack)
 at bottom.... then select Look in :pack extract  then click ...Open ( File name slot will be blank) ...then you will see all of the styles . Then go to the folder (DeskTop or Documents ) where you installed the Yep program and click on pack extract and add a new folder and drag the styles you want and send them to your thumb drive and install on instrument !! ONLY ONE PROBLEM . Most of the voice parts (drum track , bass line and some voices are totally muted !!! Almost seems like you will have to DL the whole shabang ! Back to square one I guess .Could it be it only does this with 3rd party stuff ? Mine was 3rd party... Oh well
Hope this helps
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 06:15:35 PM by gary3917 »
Tyros 5 (finally ),Tyros 4, Korg M3 88,  Kawia MP7,Casio PX 560 Cakewalk Sonar BIAB Cubase 5
Mackie DLM8 Keyboard stereo Powered speakers and subwoofer

Offline zionip

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2018, 01:37:34 AM »
hallo zionip
when i use the styleextractor i dont see the styles what do i wrong
thomas

Hi Thomas,

Sorry I did not realize that you asked me a question.

When you use the StyleExtractor program, it actually extracts a sub folder called "ExtractedStyles" which contains the extracted styles of the expansion pack in the same folder containing your PPI or CPI file.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline Normanfernandez

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2018, 06:19:05 AM »
Is it possible to load only selected Parts of the Expansion Voice.
Like out of 10 voices, you select 5 Expansion Voices.
Thanks
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

Offline overover

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2018, 07:52:30 AM »
Like out of 10 voices, you select 5 Expansion Voices. ...

Hi Norman,

YES, this is possible:

When you have imported a particular Pack to YEM (at "My Packs"), click on your instrument button below "Install Target" and make sure that this Pack has a LIGHT GREEN checkmark. (If the checkmark is GREY or DARK GREEN, click on it once or twice, to make it LIGHT GREEN).

Now, ALL Contents in the Pack are activated and have a green checkmark, too. You can deactivate (and activate again) each single entry (e. g. Voice, Style, Reg bank) by clicking on it.

When you have done this in all desired Packs, make your Pack Install File (.ppi) or send the contents to instrument via WiFi.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 07:59:09 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline DerekA

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2018, 12:24:45 PM »
Like out of 10 voices, you select 5 Expansion Voices.
Thanks

Yes you can (as Chris said) - and this is in fact one of the two key advantages of YEM over the earlier expansion formats. (The other is that you can combine parts of multiple packs).
Genos