Author Topic: Additional Voices??  (Read 3964 times)

Offline trebor1950

Additional Voices??
« on: June 17, 2018, 04:28:59 PM »
Morning All (UK Time)
Need a bit of help\advice: been searching but cant find...……..is it possible to save voices from Expansion Packs (when installed) to the USB and then remove the Pack from where have come from and re-install new Packs into the workstation with the option to select a voice from the saved USB files. Or another question is it possible to move an expansion pack to a USB and select from that USB with the installed Exp Pack removed from the workstation.

Hope that made sense.
Rob

tyrosman

Re: Additional Voices??
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 05:47:46 PM »
hi Rob the Awnser is no here you need to keep the pack in the Keyboard because if you take the pack out then the voice will be gone the Awnser to the second question is no you can only install the pack from the usb I hope this awnsers your questions

Offline trebor1950

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 06:54:35 PM »
Thanks - That was the answer I didn't want - but hey - no other choice. again thank you for your response.

Rob

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 07:30:42 PM »
Hi Rob,
  You have quite a large flash memory in genos which will allow you to load in many packs. If you have various voices in UVN format on USB sticks you can go into the YEM and select create own pack and you can load these into this pack. You do not have to load all the voices in a pack into your keyboard. You can remove the ticks against the ones you don't want. As I have now got all the sounds I am ever likely to use I have made up a master install pack on my USB stick which is also my backup should I try anything else. If I don't like what I try then it is easy to load back in my master copy. The YEM is very versatile and I am sure you will get what you want from it.

Offline trebor1950

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 05:21:51 AM »
Thank you Eileen for your wise words - which make total sense.
Technology moves on but in the case of using voice files from a USB, for the Genos there seems to have been a backward move from the Tyros 2 I previously owned.

Thanks - Rob

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 07:34:46 AM »
The move from Tyros 2 to Genos is an enormous one in technology. Once loaded into your expansion section these voices are always there ready to use on switch on. No need to search though endless USB sticks. In the past if you recorded a song using TVN files if you did not have them loaded in the correct place the song would not sound right.
No problem now though because once all your voices are loaded into the keyboard that's it.

Offline trebor1950

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 01:13:10 PM »
Cannot deny any of that Eileen - definitely after 12 years of my T2 the step I took to the Genos has not been a regret I love it and obviously I am still exploring its capabilities - way beyond my ability and understanding - and thanks to members like your good self there is always technical assistance at hand.

Thank you

Offline EileenL

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2018, 10:46:46 PM »
It takes most of us a time to get used to Genos especially the touch screen and how to use it compared to pushing buttons. Also once you get used to using the Gateway buttons you will find how easy and quickly you can find things. You can also use assignable buttons to go straight to things you use a lot. Lots of goodies to play with and if you get stuck just ask and someone will always try to help you.