Author Topic: Fade out saved in some registrations  (Read 6376 times)

Offline sugarplumsss

Fade out saved in some registrations
« on: June 16, 2018, 04:57:51 PM »
I lost my sustain pedal. Bought two more, one that has always worked, a Roland
as well as a $65 Yamaha.

Neither pedal is operating as expected.

In some registrations the sustain seems to work as expected.
But other registrations, the pressing of sustain sends a fade out message to all parts.
you can actually see the volume number slowly drop until you have no sound.

I have re-saved with pedal checked and unchecked; to no avail.

I have come to find out that fade in and out cannot be saved in a registration! So no accidental storing with fade out, could be the issue.

I have half understandingly looked under Function at pedal section.. and it does not make sense. Eg there is no way to save an assignment.

Manuals are thin with regard to info.
Thank you for help with the most frustrating keyboard in my career.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 05:18:06 PM by sugarplumsss »
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

Offline Dick Rector

Re: Fade out saved in some registrations
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 05:22:08 PM »
Long distance guessing. Could be the polarity of the malfunction pedal. Look under function - pedal - you should see a + and a -  just chance that. Hope for you it is as simple as that.

Regards
Dick
PSR-2000 and PSR-S950

The following users thanked this post: sugarplumsss

Offline sugarplumsss

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 06:21:09 PM »
Thank you for that. Turns out a mystery... I had saved some registrations with fade in out somehow involved with the sustain pedal.  I had to re save a number of them!!
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 09:34:34 PM »
Sounds like your pedal was acting as a volume pedal.

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 10:01:01 PM »
I have come to find out that fade in and out cannot be saved in a registration! So no accidental storing with fade out, could be the issue.

Although the Fade In/Out function (or it's settings) can't be directly saved in a registration, it can be assigned to a foot pedal, and the pedal assignment can be saved in a registration if the 'Pedal' group is checked when the registration is memorised.

If you have not intentionally assigned the Fade In/Out function to a pedal, you may have a registration bank (possibly from a third party) which contains the pedal assignment set to this function.  If you load the bank and select a registration button that includes the
pedal assignment, this will be changed to whatever function is in the reg. (presumably Fade In/Out!).

Once a pedal assignment is set, it will remain set until you change it, either manually, by a registration, or by turning off the power (on all models except Genos, the pedal assignments are lost when the power is turned off, and default assignments are restored when the power is turned on).  So if you select a registration that changes the pedal function to Fade In/Out and do not realise that the assignment has changed, then without turning off the power, save another setup to a registration button with the Pedal group checked, you will unwittingly include the Fade In/Out pedal assignment to that reg.

You can prevent registrations from changing the current function assigned to pedals by checking 'Pedal' in the Freeze table and turning on Freeze using the panel button before loading the offending reg.

You say that you have resaved registrations with the Pedal group unchecked, but by this do you mean individual registration button memories or whole registration banks?

If it is the latter, then this will not work!  You must change and memorise each affected button memory in a bank before saving the whole bank.  The groups checked in the Group Contents table only determine what is memorised in individual buttons and have no affect on what is saved when you save a whole bank.

If you are still having problems, why not post one of the offending reg. banks that you have attempted to change, and someone can take a look at it.

Regards

Ian

Offline sugarplumsss

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 08:04:25 AM »
 tyrosaurus  The resident genius here,, thank you for taking so much time to give this complete answer.
I may have used a registration that I did not originally create. You are correct.

Yes, I altered the individual registrations and saved the banks.

I don't know how to post a registration!

Thank you ( and Rector and Eileen  ) again.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 09:27:28 AM by sugarplumsss »

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 09:59:13 AM »

I don't know how to post a registration!

To post a registration, use click on "Attachments and other options". Then attach the file to your post.
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline sugarplumsss

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2018, 02:41:19 PM »
Fred and Tyros ( Ian )   I had put these fading out and in registrations out of my mind for a week, but the solution needs to be found.
I downloaded a bunch of files, likely from this forum... and they all or many have tis fade out association with pressed sustain pedal.
Press pedal once, and you see fade out. press it a second time and face in.

I just need step by step instruction on how to correct the bulk of files, or I will have to delete them all.

Offline murrayb

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2018, 12:29:48 AM »
You can use the batch duplicate facility in my YRM program.

Open a registration bank where your pedal setting is correct.
Click Duplicate / Remove Settings.
Select the button containing the correct setting, then ok.
Click ok in the next section.
Check the Pedal you want to duplicate.
Click the button Batch Duplicate Setup.
Click the box All Buttons in the Duplicate Settings To section.
At this point you have the option to Auto name the target directory which will create output with the name of your source directory/Modified
Click the button Directory Duplicate.
Find the folder containing your registrations, and ok.
If you didn't choose Auto name, select a directory for the output.

If your setting in the selected registration button was Sustain, it will be copied to every checked button in every registration in the source directory.

Should you need further help, let me know.

Murray

One can do without most things, but not without the pleasure of music.

Check out my Registration Manager at:  http://psrtutorial.com/util/best.html

The following users thanked this post: Dick Rector, sugarplumsss

Offline sugarplumsss

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2019, 07:30:42 PM »
The continuing saga of the unwanted fade out files.

My foggy memory seems to recall seeing this among the files.

RGT... I could be mistaken.  In any case I am seeking to delete ALL "corrupted" ( corrupt for my purposes ) files today. I inadvertently found one the other day.. a cause for panic.
There were hundreds of files. But not worth a scare like this.