Genos (12 Boards) > Genos YEM & Expansion Packs

Convert .ppi to .ppf

<< < (7/7)

zionip:
Hi MinhPham,

The only way for you to selectively choose the sounds is from PPF or CPF files through YEM (Yamaha Expansion Manager).  PPI or CPI files are for simple direct installation on the keyboard only, which will erase your existing installed expansion packs.

Usually we have to pay to get the PPF or CPF file in order to integrate them into YEM for selective installation.  Your pursuit of converting PPI file to PPF file, or extract expansion sounds from PPI file is just a waste of time.  You will be better off by buying the expansion pack that you want, in order to get the PPF file.

Thanks,
Paul

Joe H:

--- Quote from: MinhPham on December 22, 2018, 01:44:03 PM ---Does anyone know how to convert .VCE to .PPF? I used the Styleextractor and extracted .PPI file to .VCE. I have no idea what to do next.

--- End quote ---

A .vce file is a simple Standard MIDI File (SMF) that stores the setup parameters for the LEFT, R1, R2, and R3 Voices.  When we select a Voice on the keyboard, the Voice (Sound) is loaded then immediately the .vce file is loaded to "enhance" the sound.

We can alter the .vce file ourselves and save the Voice as a "User Voice".

We can't load the .vce file into YEM as Content (unfortunately) because the COMMON Voice Parameters in YEM are converted to the .vce when the Voice pack is installed on our keyboards.  So what I do is load my custom voice pack into the keyboard open Voice Set make my edits and  then save the file to my USB drive.  Then I go back to YEM and match up my edits in Voice Set using the COMMON Parameters in YEM's Voice Editor.

It's a little too convoluted and a protracted process for me but that's what we got so far. I hope this explanation clears things up for you.

Joe H

sarathnmusic:
Hi Team

Kindly let me know if  there any chance to covert .ppf or .ppi files to vce ? Kindly help if any software there to convert.

Teknoss:

--- Quote from: sarathnmusic on August 13, 2022, 11:03:50 AM ---Hi Team

Kindly let me know if  there any chance to covert .ppf or .ppi files to vce ? Kindly help if any software there to convert.

--- End quote ---

You should READ a little before ask, the answer is just above on this thread.

EileenL:
You have asked this question on another tread and I have given
 you the same answer as above. Why would you want to do this anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version