Author Topic: Tyros 4 With Other Makes Of Keyboard  (Read 3236 times)

musicalmemoriesuk

Tyros 4 With Other Makes Of Keyboard
« on: June 14, 2018, 07:11:14 AM »
Anyone using a Tyros 4 with another make of Arranger ?

Offline Alan E

Re: Tyros 4 With Other Makes Of Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 02:29:35 AM »
Hi musicalmemoriesuk,

I have not got a T4 but have got a T5 so pretty much the same thing. My other keyboard is a Ketron SD7.

I like to use the T5 as master and the SD7 as slave so have MIDI'd them only using T5 out to SD7 in. At the moment there is no return Midi. With the option of using the Midi templates to switch to any or both of the boards. This is not a perfect solution but it does allow me to play as follows.

Play T5 only :-  Midi template Midi off.
Play SD7 only using T5 keyboard  :- T5 midi template MasterKBDB1 (but this is modified to turn local control off).
Play all of T5 and use SD7 voices as extras :-  T5 midi Allparts and SD7 unmodified. However, using this method I have to control the volume of both keyboards independently.

Not sure if this is what you were looking for but it works for me. However, in saying that when I use the two boards together the SD7 only responds to the chords and right hand voices being played. Changing the start/ending/variations etc. has to be accomplished on the SD7.

Hope this is of some help and if anyone out there can tell me how to get the start/ending/variations to work from the master keyboard I will be more than happy.

Regards

Alan.   :o :o :o
Yamaha Tyros 5   Ketron SD7

musicalmemoriesuk

Re: Tyros 4 With Other Makes Of Keyboard
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 07:29:07 PM »
I was interested to see what combinations members use. I've got my T4 paired up with my Korg Pa700 sounds great. A great combination.