PSR Keyboards (11 Boards) > PSR-S950/S750/S650 (SFF2)

Strumming Ukulele

<< < (2/8) > >>

alanclare:
Royce

There’s a very good uke, and a banjo. I just thought it might be easier to find out how to strum by using a guitar. But I couldn’t.

Alan

alanclare:
Surely someone out there knows if it’s possible to play a chord and get the sound of a guitar/banjo/ukulele strumming?

Alan

jwyvern:
I'm away from the keyboard at present so can't experiment. If the Strum harmony is not working for you isn't it possible to change speed etc in the Harmony settings? If it is not possible to get a credible strum sound that way can you use a suitable style with a strumming part say chd1, turn up the volume of that part and play LH chords to move the strums around appropriately?
Other than that can't you do it manually? Put say a guitar or similar in the left hand voice and play it with more rapid strumming chords yourself (instead of the usual smooth chord progressions). The style will continue to provide appropriate bass and accomp.

John

alanclare:
John

I was hoping that there might be some way of using the Live Control feature to control the strumming speed while playing a chord, similar to that whereby we can control arpeggios.

I couldn't play repeated chords at the speed that I can play them on my ukulele. A straight chord is not the same sound as the rapid "glissando" of a guitar/ukulele strum.

Alan

alanclare:
John

Your suggestion of finding a suitable strumming part from a style, changing the instrument to a uke, and playing the chords (or using the ACMP) with the left hand is showing promise. Thank you.

Alan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version