Author Topic: HOW TO CHANGE TWO STAVES TO ONE STAFF  (Read 3120 times)

Osvaldo De Souza

HOW TO CHANGE TWO STAVES TO ONE STAFF
« on: June 06, 2018, 03:41:41 AM »
5th June 2018

I have a Midi File with melody in Track 1.

However the track 1 show 2 staves (Top is TREBLE and Bottom is BASS Clef)

a) Is there a way to display only one stave i.e. TREBLE CLEF?

b) Some measures of the Treble Cleff show the Bass Cleff (lower notes). Is there a way if you select this particular Bass Cleff to change to one octave so the full song is in the TREBLE CLEF!!!

Thanks for your help and assistance in guiding me how to do this.

Regards
Oz

Offline zionip

Re: HOW TO CHANGE TWO STAVES TO ONE STAFF
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 05:03:16 AM »
Hi Oz,

On the score display screen, you can touch the settings icon and bring up the "Detail Setting" to define the channel(s) you want to display and hide the channel you do not want to display.  You can also try different "Key Signature" to find the one you like:

I do not have MIDI file with the same track showing both treble and bass clef.  If you send me an example MIDI file that you saw showing both treble and bass clef, I may be able to help further.

Thanks,
Paul
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 02:50:05 PM by zionip »

Osvaldo De Souza

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 06:06:24 AM »
Hi Paul,

Following your instructions I managed to TURN OFF the LEFT and now I can only see the Treble Clef on track 1.

The 2nd part of my question was how to change the Bass Cleff on M78 of the attached Midi File!

When I view the whole Midi Files in the Cakewalk Software Program it displays the Treble Cleff only from M1 to M122.

Let me know if there is a way to convert the notes at M78 from Bass Cleff to Treble Clef otherwise I can use the Cakewalk
program to raise the notes 1 or 2 octaves higher.

Thanks
Oz

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline zionip

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 02:34:54 PM »
Hi Oz,

I downloaded your ELBIMB_2.mid and opened it using MuseScore 2 and did not see any bass clef notes - all the notes appear to be within the treble clef.

However, on my Genos, there are some bass clef notes displayed on the Score screen, just as you saw in bar #78, 81, 82, and 85:

I looked at all the available score view setting options but could not find any option that could make the bass clef go away.

You may want to call 714-522-9000 Option 3 to contact the Yamaha customer support (Monday - Friday between 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time) to seek for their advice, or request for a fix.

Thanks,
Paul

Osvaldo De Souza

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 12:25:16 AM »
Hi Paul,

Thanks

I shall let you know if there is a way to change the Bass Clef with Genos otherwise I will use the Cakewalk Software Program
to do the changes.

Regards
Oz