Author Topic: Report on Genos Registration problem - not as bad as I'd feared  (Read 309 times)

Offline jimlaing

Hi - after the various notes about Registration issues (registrations not saving the settings right etc.), since I found I noticed it too, I decided to go through ALL of my Tyros5-originated Registrations again.  I had already gone through them all in quite a bit of detail, to select newer sounds, make various adjustments, re-select Style to get new balance settings, and all seemed OK. 

When I later noticed 1 or 2 didn't have the settings I saved, I saw all the notes on this topic.  So anyway, I am about 3/4 through re-checking of my Registrations - checking every one of them again.  I was pleasantly surprised that of 55 banks (file), of mostly 8 Reg's each, I only had 4 Registrations with a problem.  The problems were always in the LEFT part.  Usually the Effect was wrong (different than I had originally when I saved it).  So that is maybe 400+ registrations I checked, and only 4 had a problem.  So it's 1%, not really that bad.  Still not desirable - but luckily 99% of my previous work was intact and OK.  I made note of which 4, so I could go back and make sure the new changes "stayed" or "took".

I'm going to finish checking the remaining ~150-200 Reg's just in case ...
I'm at code level 1.30 (latest I could find).

Jim
Raleigh, NC, USA / Genos / Tyros5-61 / Lucas Nana 600 / other stuff

The following users thanked this post: Kaarlo von Freymann

Offline jwyvern

Re: Report on Genos Registration problem - not as bad as I'd feared
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 04:04:20 PM »
I was regularly finding problems with the DSP effect not being correct on the left voice and some DSP  parameters not being held for the left voice before OS version 1.3. After installing the latter it happened again once or twice  but after resaving under the new OS those faults have not returned.

John

Offline zionip

Re: Report on Genos Registration problem - not as bad as I'd feared
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 09:06:28 PM »
I was regularly finding problems with the DSP effect not being correct on the left voice and some DSP  parameters not being held for the left voice before OS version 1.3. After installing the latter it happened again once or twice  but after resaving under the new OS those faults have not returned.

John

John's observation matches the version history description of one of the fixes Genos firmware 1.30 (from 1.20):
https://usa.yamaha.com/support/updates/firm_genos.html
Fixed a problem in which, under a certain situation, the Insertion Effect settings for the LEFT part would occasionally not be stored to the Registration Memory.

Thanks,
Paul