Author Topic: Backup problems - failed to access data  (Read 3428 times)

gdoakley@comcast.net

Backup problems - failed to access data
« on: June 04, 2018, 03:23:18 AM »
I have been doing system backups successfully but I got this error "failed to access data" and the backup was not completed. Anyone know how to fix this? My USB stick is in the top panel slot. I know the USB is good because it has been working and all of my music finder files load properly. Thanks for any advice.
Can anyone help with this issue?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 10:49:56 AM by gdoakley@comcast.net »

Offline pjd

Re: Backup problems USB
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 04:39:59 AM »
Hi --

Size of the back-up file? There is an upper limit on size. Sorry, I'm away from my resources otherwise I'd find the max size for you. But, this is one thing to check....

-- pj

gdoakley@comcast.net

Re: Backup problems - failed to access data
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 10:50:46 AM »
Any more help out there for this problem?

Offline zionip

Re: Backup problems USB
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 01:38:00 PM »
Hi --

Size of the back-up file? There is an upper limit on size. Sorry, I'm away from my resources otherwise I'd find the max size for you. But, this is one thing to check....

-- pj

Hi PJ,

Yamaha Genos Owner's Manual version D, page 105 and Reference Manual version D, page 148 mention the maximum backup size:
If the total size of the target data for backup exceeds 3.9 GB (excluding Audio files), the backup function is not available. If this happens, back up the User data by copying the items individually.

If this is the case for gdoakley, it is better for him to boot Genos into USB storage mode (turn the Genos’s power on while holding the [PLAYLIST] button to enter the USB Storage Mode, with the "To Host" USB port of Genos connected to a desktop / laptop computer with a USB 2.0 male A to male B cable, aka USB printer cable) and perform backup from Genos as an external storage to a Windows desktop / laptop using drag and drop through Windows Explorer (or Mac and Finder where it applies).

As for the explanation of the error "failed to access data" during backup, gdoakley should call Yamaha customer support at 714-522-9000 Option 3, since the rest of us have not seen such error message before and so cannot help in this case.

Thanks,
Paul