Author Topic: GENOS " CHORD TRACKER "  (Read 6374 times)

Osvaldo De Souza

GENOS " CHORD TRACKER "
« on: June 01, 2018, 01:46:02 AM »
31st May 2018

I've been using BAND IN A BOX to create chord sequence for songs and then have GENOS to do the full song arrangements selecting the styles.

However Genos does not recognize some of the BIAB chords and so it does not sound pleasant to the ear.

Is there a way I could create chords using CHORD TRACKER and save as a MIDI FILE. If anyone knows how to do this please let me know step by step instructions as I am new to GENOS and have a lot to learn about various features.

Once I save as a Midi File I can then program this on Genos, select a style and record the chord sequence with full backing style accompaniment.

Thanks for the help and assistance in this regard.

Oz

P.S. Michael Bedsen has a software program PRODUCER (which is similar to BIAB) but this does not work with GENOS!!!

Offline zionip

Re: GENOS " CHORD TRACKER "
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 04:00:04 AM »
Hi Oz,

I have not used the Yamaha Chord Tracker app with the Genos and so I do not know the answer to your question.

I purchased and use vArranger2 software, which allows the use of Yamaha styles (and styles from Korg, Kentron, Roland, Technics) and has the capability for us to type in the chords used in the song, save, play the song, and export the song to MIDI file:

Thanks,
Paul

The following users thanked this post: KeyboardByBiggs

Offline markstyles

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 05:13:42 AM »
In Band in a box there is a 'CHURCH' style. This outputs, full legato notes(till exact end of measure) until a new chord.  Export the Church style BIAB midi file..  I import that into Logic Pro, and send that to Genos track 2, and designate as chord detect channel..  It works fine for me.. I can then expand of expressiveness of song with Genos styles.

Sometimes you might want to alter Band In A Box chords, for Genos to work better with..  If the song is just a G chord on one measure, but there is a harmony, or long melody note, playing a 6th, 13th, etc. you might want to alter band in a box chord to reflect that; so Genos will be more in touch with what you want.

I sometimes create slightly different chord detect tracks, for overdubbing one part into a song. one chord detect track might just be triads, and a 2nd chord detect track, will have diminshed, 13ths, mac 7th, etc) and use it create a more intricate bass part, horn line, for sophisticated sound (I am overdubbing one track of a different style into Logic now)..  You end up with something that is impossible for any arranger kbd to do. For piano parts I might through in I-V-I, or fit in four 1/4 note chords, so piano is enriched..  This required some patience and practise. but I find it fun.

Offline zionip

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 09:22:11 PM »
Hi Oz,

Dan just released vArranger2 version 18.04.  I asked him about what new fixes / new features of version 18.04 are, and he mentioned that now vArranger2 can load Band In A Box song chord sequence files:
https://www.varranger.com/vforum/index.php/topic,1505.msg29064.html#msg29064
"- Can load BIAB files in the songs chords window. I would prefer to wait a bit to advertise this new feature as I think of adding some looping possibilities in the Song Chords"

Thanks,
Paul

Osvaldo De Souza

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 03:43:40 AM »
Thanks Paul for the update.

I will try the V2 Arranger Demo.

Regards
Oz

Offline zionip

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 04:31:08 AM »
Thanks Paul for the update.

I will try the V2 Arranger Demo.

Regards
Oz

Hi Oz,

I do not know of any vArranger2 demo version.  It is a €349 (US$409) purchase.

If you send me your BIAB song chord sequence file and specify a Yamaha Genos style, I can test it for you.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline MBedesem

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 04:52:51 AM »
Regarding Producer, Peter has just released a version that supports Genos.

See this post:

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,45234.msg355811.html#msg355811

Regards,

Michael
Michael P. Bedesem
mpb@vermontel.net
http://psrtutorial.com/MB/bedesem.html
Tyros 5

Offline zionip

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2018, 05:06:46 AM »
Regarding Producer, Peter has just released a version that supports Genos.

See this post:

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,45234.msg355811.html#msg355811

Regards,

Michael

Hi Michael,

The Producer v. 3.12.0 seems to be a good free solution to Oz.

Thanks for this information,
Paul

Offline pjd

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2018, 05:48:40 AM »
Hi --

Thanks for asking about Genos and ChordTracker.

I have ChordTracker version 2.0.3.2 installed on an Apple iPad (4th gen). The iPad is connected to the Genos using the Apple Camera Kit and a USB cable.

Well, ChordTracker works with Genos (for me, anyway). "Genos" is displayed under "Instrument", so ChordTracker recognizes the connection to Genos.

So, I pulled up a tune ("Every One's A Winner") and extracted the chord. Then, I tapped the SHARE icon, i.e., that square box with the up arrow. Among the share options, I tapped "Send to Instrument". ChordTrack gave me a dialog box to set the file name and the accompaniment style. Then I tapped the "Send" button.

Genos displays a progress screen saying "Connected to the Computer or Smart Device." Genos creates a directory under USER songs. The directory is named "ChordTracker". ChordTrack puts extracted songs into this directory.

To there, push the lighted SONG button, then tap "USER". You should find the "ChordTracker" directory in here under USER songs. Then, tap the song name and play it just like any other MIDI file. (Oh, yeah, be sure to choose "MIDI" in the Genos menu bar in order to see MIDI files.)

Hope this helps -- pj

Offline pjd

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2018, 05:53:33 AM »
BTW, I once stubbed out an audio file with maybe one chord in it as a way of getting a song started in ChordTracker. I don't remember too much about the rest of the experiment, like adding new measures, chords, etc. It's been a while...

Hey, Oz, if you get a chance, why not give it a go?  :D

All the best to ya -- pj