Author Topic: Tyros 4 iPad and Wireless Midi adapter MD-TB01  (Read 5295 times)

Offline meyrick

Tyros 4 iPad and Wireless Midi adapter MD-TB01
« on: May 30, 2018, 07:10:03 PM »
Hi All, I have a problem with using the MD-TB01 with the iPad. I get the Red Light on permanently on the MD-BT01 and it is showing on the iPad as being connected, BUT, the Tyros and iPad do not talk to each other.
I am sure there is nothing on the Tyros that can be adjusted, so am assuming there must be some App that can be loaded into the iPad, other than the "midimittr" I used to make the original connection.
If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I am open to taking note and giving it a try.

Many Thanks
Graham M

Offline Al Ram

Re: Tyros 4 iPad and Wireless Midi adapter MD-TB01
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 05:05:44 AM »
Not sure what you are trying to accomplish by connecting the iPad to Tyros.

i have MD-BT01 on Genos and connect to iPad succesfully.  I am using the SongBook+ app to display my PDF's in the iPad.

I established the settings (Once) in the iPad so that i can connect via bluetooth to the MD-BTO1 which is plugged in the back of Genos (MIDI ports).  Everytime i play, i open the SongBook+ app on the ipad, and establish the Genos connection thru MD-BT01 with the SongBook+ app. 

Once the connection is established i can call up my Genos registrations from the iPad/SongBook+ app and simultaneously display the corresponding PDF on the iPad. 

thanks.
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 11:36:08 AM »
Hi All, I have a problem with using the MD-TB01 with the iPad. I get the Red Light on permanently on the MD-BT01 and it is showing on the iPad as being connected, BUT, the Tyros and iPad do not talk to each other.
I am sure there is nothing on the Tyros that can be adjusted, so am assuming there must be some App that can be loaded into the iPad, other than the "midimittr" I used to make the original connection.
If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I am open to taking note and giving it a try.

Many Thanks
Graham M

You need an app to do what you want on the iPad. If it's display sheet music, I use Songbook+, but there are others.

Hope this helps,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

jblyth

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 11:49:36 AM »
As a matter of interest, I have the MD-BT01 working very nicely with MobileSheets Pro on my Windows 10 laptop.

Originally I got a UD-BT01, but found that it insisted on using the Midi A ports, when I needed it to use Midi B. SO I change it to the MD-BT01 which you plug into whichever port you wish to use.

Cheers
John in Sunny Carnarvon - Western Australia

jm

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2018, 10:26:49 PM »
I have Garage band on my iPad, and as I understand you need to leave this or a similar app running in the background  in order for the MD-BT 01 to work! I too am flying blind here, and would appreciate any help. I have the Yamaha sound Controller, and also the Casio Chordana app neither of which seem to work! Probably something I am or am not doing! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kind regards
jm

Offline Bernie

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 12:18:10 PM »
Hi Jm,

I also have Garage band and the Bluetooth adaptor mentioned here but I am under the impression that Garage Band does not support Bluetooth any more. If I am wrong, I would love to here how anyone here is getting it to work. I have read many articles on the Net where people have complained about this.

Kind Regards

Bernie.

Offline meyrick

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 11:55:17 PM »
Many thanks for all the replies. Playground Sessions help line, suggested a Midi to USB via the Apple Lightning to USB connector but this didn't work.
I have now got a connection with iPad and Tyros 4 via the MD-BT01 but at a cost. SuperScore was the App I got things working with, but only by connecting the MD-BT01 thru Midi "A". Not ideal as the MP31 now has to be connected via Midi "B" but things do work. I haven't noticed any problems with this, so far.
SuperScore has to be kept live to maintain the connection with Playground Sessions and the Tyros 4, but as said, all is working.
My thanks for the replies and apologies for my taking so long to acknowledge this.
I hope my little bit of info is helpful to others.

Regards
Graham M