Author Topic: NO SOUND THROUGH EXTERNAL BOSE S1 AMPLIFIER/SPEAKERS  (Read 6201 times)

Osvaldo De Souza

NO SOUND THROUGH EXTERNAL BOSE S1 AMPLIFIER/SPEAKERS
« on: May 30, 2018, 10:37:48 AM »
29th May 2018

I have done the following connections to my GENOS keyboard

a) I have connected the BOSE S1 from XLR Input on Bose to " LEFT SPEAKER " 1/4" on Genos

b) I have connected the BOSE S1 from XLR Input on Bose to " RIGHT SPEAKER " 1/4" on Genos

c) I have connected my MERISH 4 MIDI & MP3 PLAYER i.e. 1/4" STEREO Plugs to ' AUDIO OUTPUT ' on Merish 4 and the other
2 ends to ' AUX INPUT ' on Genos.

Volumes on Bose S1 plus Merish 4 + Genos turned to 1/4 level.

There is no sound at all if I played on GENOS or if I playback Midi File on Merish 4.

Do I need to do some internal adjustments on GENOS (since I am not using the YAMAHA Speakers for GENOS????

What are the steps that I need to do so I can hear the sound!!!!

Thanks and regards
Oz

Offline Al Ram

Re: NO SOUND THROUGH EXTERNAL BOSE S1 AMPLIFIER/SPEAKERS
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 12:47:55 PM »
OZ

I believe your connection is not correct.  The LEFT and RIGHT SPEAKER " 1/4" on Genos i think are reserved for the Genos speakers (or similar). 

I have a Bose L1 connected to Genos.  My connection is in the back of Genos - Line Out - Main.

If you only use one Bose use the L/L+R
If you connect two Boses then use both R and L/L+R

Try that.   Hopefully it will work.

I do not know what Merish is, so i cannot help you there.  However, i connect an iPod MP3 player to the Bose/Genos system as well as microphones, for guests, etc.  using a small Beringher mixer.

thanks
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 12:54:28 PM by Al Ram »
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline guitpic1

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 06:55:54 PM »
I agree with Al.  Main outs.
guitpic1

For me, the goal is to keep growing/learning.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 07:47:43 PM »
Yes never use the Genos speaker sockets for anything else or you could cause damage.

Offline quadraf

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 09:10:41 PM »
Yes i had the same experience with my Yamaha HS7 speakers wich i thought to be compatible....Not. I am curious what kind of signal the L/R is outputting to work only for genos speakers?! anyone?
Hans

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 04:15:18 AM »
Perhaps the Genos speaker outputs have crossover processing in the signal chain. I doubt the speakers themselves have little crossovers. The frequencies must be divided between the two Mains and the Sub. There would need to be a preamp in there too. Hence, why other speakers don't work. Sound right?
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Osvaldo De Souza

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 10:35:21 AM »
I followed the advice from Al Ram by connecting the Bose S1 to Main L/R and it worked.

Thanks
Oz

Offline jerryghr

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2018, 07:47:01 AM »
Same type of problem with T5.

On the Tyros 3 - I plugged my powered speakers in lineout 1&2 and plugged my powered monitors into Aux outs.

The line outs controlled the volume from the keyboard, however the Aux out were at constant volume, and had to control the volume at the power monitors or use a mixer.

On the Tyros 5 the powered monitors no longer receive the signal from the Aux outs.  Can no longer use that setup, which worked perfectly for me.  Another step backwords.

Jerryghr

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2018, 09:44:41 AM »
On the Tyros 5 the powered monitors no longer receive the signal from the Aux outs.  Can no longer use that setup, which worked perfectly for me.  Another step backwords.

On a Tyros5 the Line Out SUB 3-4 sockets can be configured as AUX Outs, and should then carry the same signal as the MAIN Line Outs, although like on the T3 (and T4) the signal at the AUX OUTs is at a fixed level.   

If you do this doesn't it essentially allow the same setup that you used on the T3?

Page 98 of the 'Tyros5 Owner's Manual' says the following about setting the function of these outputs:

Switching the role of the LINE OUT SUB [3]–[4] jacks to AUX OUT jacks
You can switch the role of the LINE OUT SUB [3]–[4] jacks to AUX OUT jacks by the instrument’s display called up via [MIXING CONSOLE] > TAB to LINE OUT.  For details, refer to the Reference Manual on the website.

The details referred to in the final line of the above are on page 124 of the 'Tyros5 Reference manual'.

Regards

Ian

Offline jerryghr

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2018, 12:31:01 AM »
Ian

Thanks for the response.  Operator error.  I rechecked my  cables. When I plugged my speakers into the line outs, I didn't move them over to the Sub 3 and 4.  They were in SUB 1&2.  Everything is working fine now.
 :)

Regards,

Jerryghr

eipiklein

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2019, 01:16:56 PM »
the GENOS OUTPUT, each female plug is stereo or mono? do i need xlr to stereo or mono plug?

best regards
Ariel

I followed the advice from Al Ram by connecting the Bose S1 to Main L/R and it worked.

Thanks
Oz

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2019, 01:20:12 PM »
the GENOS OUTPUT, each female plug is stereo or mono? do i need xlr to stereo or mono plug?

best regards
Ariel
Mono.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.