Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Styles/OTS/Multi Pads

chinese voices and styles

(1/5) > >>

phillipwang:
Hi there,

I am new to keyboard and especially Genos.  I am looking for some Chinese song styles and voices.  Can someone point me to right direction?  Thanks in advance.

BR/Phillip

DrakeM:
There was a "Chinese Pack" that Yamaha gave away for the S950, I had it a one point. I had it saved with many other packs at 4shared but I lost them because it was a free account and I wasn't active enough using the account and they closed it on me.

I shared the pack with many others here at the forum, perhaps some one will post you a new link to the pack here.

Regards
Drake

zionip:

--- Quote from: phillipwang on May 29, 2018, 08:24:23 AM ---Hi there,

I am new to keyboard and especially Genos.  I am looking for some Chinese song styles and voices.  Can someone point me to right direction?  Thanks in advance.

BR/Phillip

--- End quote ---

Hi Phillip,

I do not know of any free Chinese song styles and voices.

The 'China' voice and style expansion pack for PSR-S970 costs $99.99, and is compatible to Genos (you have to choose PSR-S970 as your keyboard in order to purchase it, it is not listed under Genos):
https://www.yamahamusicsoft.com/catalog/product/view/_ignore_category/1/id/4168/s/china-2/

I have both the PSR-S970 and the Genos.  The installation of the China expansion pack requires S970 instrument information file.  Once the China expansion pack is installed with YEM 2.5.1, it can also be used with the Genos as well.  If you do not have a S970, you should contact Yamaha MusicSoft at phone number 1-866-430-2652 to seek advice before you buy this pack.

The China expansion pack comes with about 33 different Chinese instrument voices, 2 China drum / percussion kits, and 20 Chinese styles.

The free "Vietnam" voice and style pack for PSR-S970 contains 12 styles and 18 Vietnamese instrument voices, also quite usable on Genos:
http://download.yamaha.com/files/tcm:39-789792?_ga=2.253731342.600008316.1527561090-466303913.1504966747

There was a free "Japanese" voice and expansion pack for PSR-S670/770/970 that came with 15 styles and 7 Japanese instrument voices that are quite usable, and is compatible to Genos.  However, Yamaha removed the Japanese expansion pack from their download websites.

I found that there are plenty of modern Chinese song styles in the following 3rd party voice and style expansion pack:
Pro Style Music (PSM) sells this Dance and Pop - PSM V1 expansion pack for $100 (you must specify Genos as your keyboard):
https://prostylemusic.net/item/guitar-mla-pack-tyros-5-s770-s970-copy-copy-1

PSM voice and style expansion packs are locked to the instrument information file.  If you register the pack for your Genos, you can only use it on your registered Genos.

Thanks,
Paul

phillipwang:
Hi Drake,
thank you. Hopefully, someone would share your pack. 

Hi Paul,

It is very informative.    I have good amount of material to work with.   Thank you.

BR/Phillip

DrakeM:
Okay, spent a couples of hours surfing and I found the psr-s650 version of the Chinese pack. There are 20 styles in the pack. I don't know if this pack will install on my S950, but I will give it a try.

yea, Yamaha gave all the S950 packs away for free .. you just had to use a different email account for each pack and the password "freepack4me" (or something like that it was.)

I can upload the styles for you and you can see if you can change out the voices to default ones on your keyboard. I don't know what Chinese music is supposed to sound like and that is why I never tried to revoice these styles when I first acquired them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version