Author Topic: The 10 new Grooves (DJ patterns) of the PSR S463 for EDM enthusiasts  (Read 3400 times)

Offline vbdx66

Hello to all,

Jeremy made another cool video with the 10 new Grooves (aka DJ patterns) of the PSR E463:

https://youtu.be/VKvalNg5BuA

The Patterns could be great fun when muting some of the tracks, using the resonant filter or the DSPs and playing a lead synth on top. Also, the possibility to record your piece on an USB stick is a great plus IMHO. So much simpler than having to connect the keyboard to a Laptop or an iPad (although these can off course still be used for finer editing of MIDI or audio tracks with a DAW etc.).

Best Regards,

Vinciane.
Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650, Casio CT-X800.

Offline Joe H

Vinciane,

This technology started in the late 1990s when Yamaha released the RM1x Remixer - Sequencer.  It has 16 Sections with up to 16 parts and have chord progressions in them that you select with buttons.  They are much like the arrangers of today.  Some of those sound like they came from the RM1x.  Yamaha has a long history of recycling their technology by repackaging it in a "new product".

Yamaha is responding to a new generation of players that grew up on EDM and want to capture that young generation buyer.

:)   ;)

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline vbdx66

Hi Joe and thanks for your input.

The idea of attracting new, younger players is great. It would be nice to be able to play external DJ patterns, in the same fashion as is already possible with the styles. 35 grooves or patterns is very little to make “real” EDM music. This is a pity, because otherwise I find that the quality of these patterns, soundwise speaking, is great for what I would call an “upper entry level” keyboard.

Best Regards,

Vinciane.
Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650, Casio CT-X800.