Author Topic: Connecting Genos via Digital Out to Maui 5 via Blutooth Audio Transmitter  (Read 3819 times)

tramano

Hello Everbyody!

Does anyone have experience in connecting the Genos via "Digital Out" and a blutooth transmitter to loudspeakers / headphones?
My idea is to link the Genos to my Maui 5 speaker (which is capable to receive bluetooth) that way.

Thanks in advance for your contributions.

Online Rick D.

Tramano,

Bluetooth transmitters do not work properly with Tyros and Genos. There is a latency problem.
Each time you hit a note the transmitter turns on and off. It will play Audio files fine.

Rick D.

Offline John T4

Hi I have the Maui 5, had it a week now, I think its very good, considering the light weight and ease of set up.
Do you agree,?

Sorry about the bluetooth out, good idea though

tramano

Hi Rick
Thanks for your information about the latency problem, which I was not aware of. I will probably keep away from that "solution".

Hi John,
Absolutely, the lightweight Maui 5 with its excellent sound coming from the genos is worth the money !!!

Offline manuel

Hello Tramano

If I understand your post, do you have only one LD5?......the reason I ask is because I have 2 and the Genos sounds Best when is connected in Stereo.....
Besides, someone already mention the Genos/T5 latency on Bluetooth.....

This is how I use the setup, I connect a little mixer Yamaha MG6 to adjust the EQ, Volumes on each channel, I do not want to mess with the Genos Internal EQ since I do some demos and play in some events, I want to keep my Registrations in sort of "Neutral" so, they can be played in other Genos without making changes..... and many times I play in a Genos Duo connected to the same system, for my (50 years of experience), is best to EQ on the mixer I connect the Genos, and also get the most of the Maui LD 5s.

I use the Balanced outputs with the XLR cables to Left and Right... I could use if I wanted the BlueTooth, but that I think is best for those that use a Tablet/Cell to play music wireless.

Manuel
My 2 Cents

Manuel