Author Topic: Lightweight Hard Case for Genos  (Read 3512 times)

Offline Kytrinh

Lightweight Hard Case for Genos
« on: May 28, 2018, 01:47:34 PM »
The Gator GTSA-KEY76D with original foam padding will give it a snug fit. Have to cut off the sides a little due to its length. Thought id share this option for those interested

Regards
Ky
Genos, Tyros4/5, Pa4X, Audya5, KetronSD40, RolandXP30

Offline Depo1964

Re: Lightweight Hard Case for Genos
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 02:13:18 AM »
Just used the Gator GTSA-KEY76D for another keyboard plus accessories....
but I bought it in preparation to be used for my Genos, which I hope arrives in the next few weeks.

Just measured the inside length of the case which came to 51-1/2"  (see Product Specs)
http://gatorcases.com/products/keyboard/tsa-ata-keyboard-cases/tsa-keyboard/deep-76-note-keyboard-case-w-wheels-gtsa-key76d/

and took a look at the length of the Genos, which says it is 48-9/16ths.
https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/specs.html#product-tabs

Don't know why you had to cut some off the sides ???

Offline Kytrinh

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 09:05:10 AM »
Hi Depo1964
When you get the Genos and opt to use the its foam padding like that of the pic, you will know what i mean..
Congrats on the new Genos also, great board!!
Ky

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 09:01:13 PM »
I bought the Gator GKB-76 soft case. It's excellent. I also noticed that the GKB-76 wasn't listed on the Gator website as suitable for the Genos. In fact, Genos is not mentioned anywhere. So, I emailed Gator twice, informing them that they can go ahead and add the Genos to the list. Their automated reply was something like, "We received your inquire and will get back to you within 24 hours."

It's been three weeks and they haven't had the courtesy of responding to my helpful note. My next inquire will be, "I sent you two messages about adding the Genos to the list of keyboards that fit in the GKB-76 soft case. Thanks for not responding. There is a Contact Us button on your website. I suggest you remove it because it obviously does not work!"

And we wonder why the world is going to ****. Makes me want to smack the next person I see texting on their stupid phone, while walking down the road. But once again, I digress.

Back on topic - A while ago I posted to this forum that the Genos fits well in the GKB-76 case. I did this because there had been earlier queries about cases. No one responded there either.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline guitpic1

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 04:04:07 AM »
I have this case...fits Genos well but I use another case because this case + Genos = over 60lbs.

Bulky and heavy for me.
guitpic1

For me, the goal is to keep growing/learning.

DonM

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 05:00:15 AM »
I have a brand new Gator GKB-76 that I will sell for $90. shipped to U.S.  Never used.

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 05:57:52 AM »
That's a wonderful case, Don! Gator makes great products. Too bad I can't say the same for their communications.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Kytrinh

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 06:22:22 AM »
I opted for the hard case mainly because my Van is fully loaded with PA, monitors and Lighting gear. The Genos has lots of knobs and sliders and unlike the mod wheels of the Tyros it now is a little joystick. By keeping the overall weight of the Genos to a minimum, its soft plastic casing is also prone to damage.
So for a hard case of this size its quite light compared to its wooden counter part with steel corners.