Author Topic: UNABLE TO SAVE CHANGES MADE TO VOLUME OF INSTRUMENTS ON CHANNELS  (Read 5727 times)

Osvaldo De Souza

26th May 2018

I made the changes to the volume on various instruments of a Midi File (Channel 1 to 8 & 11 to 16) and when I press SAVE and rename the Midi FIle when playing back the MIDI FILE is same as the ORIGINAL File!!

Is there a different way to SAVE the Midi File after doing the editing???

Thanks
Oz

Offline EileenL

Re: UNABLE TO SAVE CHANGES MADE TO VOLUME OF INSTRUMENTS ON CHANNELS
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 08:02:45 PM »
Best to do this in Song creator. Select your track. Press Step Record and alter the volume to what you require. When all tracks are done then re-save it.

keynote

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 10:33:38 PM »

I made the changes to the volume on various instruments of a Midi File (Channel 1 to 8 & 11 to 16) and when I press SAVE and rename the Midi FIle when playing back the MIDI FILE is same as the ORIGINAL File!!

Is there a different way to SAVE the Midi File after doing the editing???

Thanks
Oz

Hi Oz, I assume you are going into the Song Recording Menu (Menu2 option) then choosing Multi Recording. By the way these instructions are taken from the Genos Manual. After choosing Multi Recording select the Midi File you want to change then select Exit to return to the MIDI Multi Recording page. At the top of the page choose Menu and select Mixer. After the Mixer page opens choose Song1-8/Song9-16 from the top of the screen. There you can change the volume and/or instruments plus other settings. Once you're done press Exit. Now you want to select "Setup" at the top of the screen. Make sure all of the parameters you want saved are check marked. Then press "Execute." Once that is complete press Close. Then press Exit twice to get back to the main screen. Choose the Midi File you edited and it should playback with all your saved settings. Hope this helps.

Mike
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 10:36:32 PM by keynote »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 12:01:18 AM »
Always make sure that your song is at the beginning before pressing Execute.

Offline hans1966

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 01:14:38 AM »
In my S970, before saving the song, in tab 2 of the song maker I select the item "APPLY" so that all the changes are saved before saving the song to a USB device, or to the internal memory.   if you want to continue working on the same song.  I hope this helps.    greetings Hans
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 01:16:12 AM by hans1966 »
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 05:05:17 AM »
Eileens on the ball as usual!! 8)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 05:34:36 AM »
Hi Kaarlo,
  You can alter midi files just like you did on Tyros 5. The only difference is that if you want to alter things in a certain track you now select the track in song creator and then press Step Record. You will now see all events in that track. Alter them and re-save the song. The quicker way has been discussed  above. Both work fine just as they did on Tyros 5.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 07:51:10 PM »
You must remember that when altering voices in midi files on song creator using track 1-16 you must also delete the original Prog number from that track or your voice may not sound that you have just chosen. This is because the keyboard will choose the first programme number it reads on that track and this is usually the original voice. It was the same on other Tyros models.
  I have edited a couple of my pre-recorded midi tracks on Genos and they work fine.

Offline metcam

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2018, 10:56:58 PM »
Now you want to select "Setup" at the top of the screen. Make sure all of the parameters you want saved are check marked. Then press "Execute."

Mike

"SETUP"  and  "EXECUTE"

Very ,very important two of steps in MIDI recording.

Thanks Mike

Regards
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 10:58:07 PM by metcam »
Curent Instruments:  PSR A-5000
Previus instruments:SX-900,GENOS,PSR-A3000,PSR9000,Tyros2,Tyros3,TYROS5,psr2000,psr2100,psr1500,psr530,psr OR700,DX7,DX11,V50,DX21.
KORG:pa800,KORG PA-900,Triton Extreme,Triton rack,.KORG X3,Roland G600.Roland

vadesriux

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2021, 08:52:58 AM »
Is it now possible to record volume automation, meaning record a slowly volume raising using the volume slider on the mixer page?