Author Topic: S970 How to make a style, playing with a midi, continue after the midi finishes.  (Read 3099 times)

vuhuynh970

Hi All,
is there a way that I can setup the style play along with the song and when the song finished the style still continue to play.
I did contact Yamaha, but their responds is can not be done.
thanks
Vu

Offline Toril S

Hi :) If the MIDI song uses an internal style, the keyboard will call up the style when you play the song, and you can play the style afterward, but you can not play it along with the song.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline tyrosaurus

Hi Vu,

I can do this on my Tyros4 and I suspect that you can also do it on a PSR, despite what the Yamaha 'experts'  ::) may say!

When you play a MIDI and a style together, the MIDI clock is controlled by the MIDI player, but the style will sync to this and when the song reaches the end, the MIDI clock will stop which will also stop the style.

However if you extend the length of the MIDI song by changing the time of the 'END' event in the song, the song will continue in silence after the original end of the song to the new end time.   If a style is also playing it will also continue until the song reaches it's new end time.   If you stop the style before the new end of the song, it won't stop the song playback, but if you stop the song, the style will also stop.

So you need to have an idea of how many measures after the original end of the song you want to continue to play the style for - for example if you want to continue to play the style for another 50 bars, you must add at least 50 bars to the time of the song's 'END' event.

You can do this on the keyboard from Song Creator and the good news is that you don't have to add any extra events in these 'extra' bars, simply changing the time of the 'END' statement is enough.

Now although this can be done, I'm not sure that you would want to do it other than for the odd case or two.  But I suggest that you play around with it to see if it is suitable for what you want to achieve.

Regards

Ian

Offline Toril S

I learned something new again😀 Thanks, Ian!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

vuhuynh970

Exactly what I am looking for thanks Ian, you're awesome
Vu