Author Topic: different response to key strike  (Read 3006 times)

edtek

different response to key strike
« on: May 24, 2018, 06:05:39 AM »
My GENOS has several keys that that produce a different timbre compared to adjacent keys with the same strike pressure.  Has anyone else noticed this? It happens on all the piano voices.

Offline Gunnar Jonny

Re: different response to key strike
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 11:15:28 PM »
The keys are touch responsive, and there is settings for how you want it to play/respond in the menu.
Look into Reference Manual Page 33, maybe some help there.
Also, as mentioned in another thread, a factory restore may sort out if there are any 'hick-up's' in the system, or any settings are set by accident that don't work well..  :)
Cheers 🥂
GJ

keynote

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 01:04:58 AM »
My GENOS has several keys that that produce a different timbre compared to adjacent keys with the same strike pressure.  Has anyone else noticed this? It happens on all the piano voices.

Is it always the same keys that produce the different timbre? I uploaded a test file demonstrating the piano timbre for all 76 keys on my Genos. There is a slightly different volume level on some of the notes as I ascended the keys but it will give you a good idea of how the timbre should sound. For what it's worth my Tyros 3, which I sold awhile back, had a problem with a couple of the keys sounding a lot louder than the other keys but I fixed that problem by cleaning the area in and around the keys on the inside of the Tyros 3. But the Genos is fairly new on the market and the anomaly you mentioned should not be happening obviously. If the problem still occurs after doing a factory restore as Gunnar mentioned then I would contact Yamaha and explain to them the situation and see if they can provide any help. Here is the demonstration file...

Genos 76 Key Note Test

Mike

Offline panos

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 01:25:04 AM »
I think adjacend keys especially is S.Art! and Live! voices are suppose to have different timbre and this is the way they meant to be in order to sound more natural.

If there is a faulty key you should recognize it by having the touch responce off and will hear it much louder or lower than the other keys in most of the voices and not all the time and to test this click on the key several times.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 01:26:26 AM by panos »

edtek

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 11:16:51 AM »
Thanks for all the help.  A reset cleared up 99% of the problem.  I must have messed up something in the voice adjustments  :-(