Author Topic: Volume pedal not changing audio linked multipads  (Read 2831 times)

Offline John T4

Volume pedal not changing audio linked multipads
« on: May 21, 2018, 03:52:32 AM »
Hi
I have been trying out audio multi pads and they work fine but the volume is set and cannot be changed by the volume pedal if I changed the multi pad volume in the sliders then it changes the volume correctly but it does not respond to the volume swell pedal. if I load in a normal multi pad then this volume does go up and down as expected.
I wonder if someone out there can check the genus does the same on an multipad audiolink to see whether it's a fault with my machine or maybe a bug.
best regards John

Offline Bill

Re: Volume pedal not changing audio linked multipads
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 04:37:58 AM »
Hi John

To be quite honest, I had never noticed it before, however my Genos is the same.

Regards

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline John T4

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 08:12:19 AM »
Thanks Bill

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 11:13:19 AM »
Multi-pads are midi files, while audio pads are audio files, which is a totally different format. Someone with a genos will have to look into this in depth, which I cannot.

Good luck,

Gary  8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Grayfox

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 06:42:02 PM »
You are correct, the volume pedal does not work with multipad linked audio files, even when the multi pad box is ticked in pedal assign. Don’t know why?
Graham
Graham Foxall

Current Yamaha GENOS + GNS MS01
with 2 Yamaha MSR100 Speakers

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 07:19:20 PM »
Audio files are quite different to midi and are saved in the audio section of the keyboard so have to be operated by the Multi Pad Buttons.