Author Topic: More Genos problems  (Read 29607 times)

Offline Al Ram

Re: More Genos problems
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2018, 07:50:56 PM »
This is great news . . . .

Yamaha comes thru and saves the day.   But your persistence also worked . . . .

Congrats !!!!
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Gloria

« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2018, 08:20:07 PM »
Al, thanks for your kind reply, appreciate that very much.   :)
"Music is the Universal Language"
PSR Performer Page

SusieD

« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2018, 08:33:12 PM »
Hi Gloria

What FANTASTIC NEWS!!

It is so good to know that Yamaha were happy to respond so promptly and let us hope that the two other organisations will take appropriate action against the Guitar Centre, who are a disgrace.

Hopefully, you won’t have to wait too much longer for your speakers and then you will find that your Genos will come alive like magic in your very capable hands - what joy that will be.

When that box arrives, you can start celebrating!!!

With warm wishes
Susie

Offline Gloria

« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2018, 08:36:49 PM »
Susie, thanks so much for your reply & encouragement thru all this! :)
Kind regards,
Gloria
PSR Performer Page

« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2018, 08:49:54 PM »
Good for you, Gloria! And hat's off to the Mother Ship (Yamaha) for stepping up to the plate.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline pjd

« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2018, 03:43:56 PM »
That's terrific news, Gloria!

And a big thumbs up for Yamaha USA, too.

-- pj

Geria

« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2018, 04:29:51 PM »
Gloria,
Thanks for the good news! Congratulations on your tenacity. A kudo to Yamaha for making things right.

Gerry and Ria

Offline Joe H

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2018, 06:06:13 PM »
That's terrific news, Gloria!

And a big thumbs up for Yamaha USA, too.

-- pj

Dido!

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Gloria

« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2018, 07:57:11 PM »
Hi Everyone,  I just called our local Guitar Center to find out if they actually ordered the 3 speakers for my Genos.  They said they were on back order & have no idea how long it will take! ::)
PSR Performer Page

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2018, 07:57:59 PM »
Gloria
what is the model of the speakers you ordered with GC ?    if you provide the model, we should be able to find another vendor that has that same model in stock. 

thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline sugarplumsss

« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2018, 08:26:24 PM »
I just spoke to Frank from audiowerks
He said Yamaha did not anticipate the rush for Genos keyboards, esp outside of USA.
Consequently they are back ordered until they can catch up will all the orders.
You got yourself a great keyboard, from what I understand.

I have not read all the replies here.. but why not purchase a set of good headphones in the meantime?  Headphones esp $200 and up, make any keyboard sound optimally.
I use T4 as a drum machine. Playing my own acmp and bass. MIDI songs are my latest interest. If anyone wishes to share knowledge on MIDI songs let me know.

Offline Flip

« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2018, 08:11:14 PM »
Well done!  Regards, Flip

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2018, 04:26:12 AM »
Gloria

Not sure what speaker model you are looking for . . . .   If you are looking for the original Yamaha speakers for Genos . . . Amazon has 7 in stock .. . .   $300 for the set.

Here is the link:
https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-GNSMS01-3-piece-Arranger-Workstation/dp/B0778STS6G

Hope it helps.   Have a great day.
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Gloria

« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2018, 04:32:50 AM »
Hi Fellow Musicians!
 I started to take my dog for a walk & when I opened the front door - surprise!  A big 4 ft. box sat in the flower bed leaning against the porch pillar!  It was from Yamaha Corp., Los Angeles. ) Luckily the water sprinklers hadn't come on or it would've been soaked!  It should've been put on the porch!  I called UPS & complained about that.)  I eagerly opened the box, saw a music rack ---BUT IT DIDN'T FIT EITHER!  There were only 2 metal pegs on it & they didn't match the holes on the Genos .
Tomorrow I'll be calling Yamaha again!  It seems like this keyboard is cursed!  :-\ I get so upset I don't feel like playing anymore.

Regards, Gloria
PSR Performer Page

Offline Gloria

« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2018, 05:02:43 AM »
Lee, PJ, Gerry & Ria, Joe H., Flip,& Sugarplumsss - Yes, I've been using headphones when I play, but I also teach & need to hear the students.

Al, Guitar Center sold me a Behringer keyboard amp (when I got the Genos) for $300 to be refunded when the 3 piece GNSM01 comes in. (I can't win for losing!  >:(
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
THANKS SO MUCH TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP & SUGGESTIONS; THIS PSR TUTORIAL IS WONDERFUL!

Kind regards, Gloria
PSR Performer Page

Offline badpuppa

« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2018, 05:16:53 AM »
Gloria,

The music rest is only supposed to have 2 pins one on each end. You have to install the two music rest brackets on the genos before the music rest. Please see reply #12 on page 1 of this topic.

keep smilin
badpuppa

Offline Gloria

« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2018, 06:43:23 AM »
Hi Badpuppa (what a cute dog  :), I have a Keeshond) 
Yes, I know the pins you are referring to & I did go back to the Forum page & double checked the article.
(WHY DOESN'T YAMAHA KNOW ABOUT THE PINS?) THEY SHOULD HAVE INCLUDED THEM WHEN THEY SENT THE MUSIC RACK, BECAUSE THE RACK WON'T FIT ON THE GENOS WITHOUT THE PINS!

Gloria
PSR Performer Page

Offline EileenL

« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2018, 11:22:51 AM »
Hello Gloria,
  Normally these four brackets would be packed in the original box that Genos arrives in sealed but you did not get this. When just ordering a screen you would not get these unless you also mentioned you had not got them. Yamaha should be able to post them to you if you now notify them that you also need these because you will also need two to fit your speakers when they come.
  So sorry to hear you are still having trouble.

Offline zionip

« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2018, 03:00:16 PM »
Hi Badpuppa (what a cute dog  :), I have a Keeshond) 
Yes, I know the pins you are referring to & I did go back to the Forum page & double checked the article.
(WHY DOESN'T YAMAHA KNOW ABOUT THE PINS?) THEY SHOULD HAVE INCLUDED THEM WHEN THEY SENT THE MUSIC RACK, BECAUSE THE RACK WON'T FIT ON THE GENOS WITHOUT THE PINS!

Gloria

Hi Gloria,

When you contact Yamaha, please mention that you never received the 2 music rest brackets as shown on P.20 of Genos Owner's manual (version D) and request them to ship you 2 Genos music rest brackets:

When your ordered GNS-MS01 2.1 speakers come in, please check that 2 speaker brackets are included in the GNS-MS01 package as shown on P.116 Appendix of Genos Owner's manual (version D):

The music rest brackets and the speaker brackets are different, but look very similar from afar because they all have 2 thick metal pins.  The music rest brackets have holes in them to fit the music rest, while the speaker brackets have a round platform to fit the base of the satellite speakers of GNS-MS01.  I recommend you mount the satellite speakers to the speaker brackets first before mounting the speaker brackets onto the back of Genos for easier operation.  You can rotate the satellite speakers to suit your need later.

Thanks,
Paul
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 03:02:43 PM by zionip »

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2018, 06:50:50 PM »

Al, Guitar Center sold me a Behringer keyboard amp (when I got the Genos) for $300 to be refunded when the 3 piece GNSM01 comes in. (I can't win for losing!  >:(
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Kind regards, Gloria

Gloria
could you talk to Guitar Center (GC)  ?   to return the Behringer keyboard amp and get a refund for the $300.  You can then buy the Genos speakers elsewhere.  It is going to be a while before GC gets the Yamaha Genos speakers because they are in backorder by Yamaha.  There are other places were they have them already in stock (such as Amazon).   You can order on-line and they will ship to your home for free.   

In relation to the music rest, you need 2 brackets to install the music rest.  Please see attached picture of one bracket.  You need two of those.     Each one of these brackets go into the holes in the Genos and then each pin of the music rest is inserted in the hole of the bracket.   

You will need two additional brackets for the speakers.   The speaker brackets seem similar to the music rest brackets but they are different. !!!   When you get the Genos speakers the brackets for the speakers must be in the package.

Please contact Yamaha and let them know that you only received the music rest but no brackets.  I am sure they will send you the brackets for the music rest.  Please be specific in asking for the brackets for the music rest.

Don't get discouraged, I know it is frustrating but I believe that little by little you are making progress.  At least now, we know that all you need is the brackets for the music rest.   You are almost there. 

Hope this helps.

[attachment deleted by admin]
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline markstyles

« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2018, 11:22:48 PM »
GREAT new Gloria..  Be patient with the Genos..  It is a bit different from the Tyros.  While some immediately are thrilled with the Genos. others, take a little time to warm up to it.   It is NOT a Tyros.. (although a lot is the same, so transition is not that hard)..

I'm sure it will be all you hoped..  You deserve some peace, recovery time.

I experienced a problem today returning a dead Genelec speaker (my studio monitors).. Fedex, gave me a run-a-round.. Sent me to another FEDEX store to get the right sized boxes. When I returned they wouldn't ship the package because I didn't buy the boxes from their store.  I started to have an anxiety melt-down, got the shakes, and almost passed out (over 100 degrees here in NYC)..  I threatened them with a call to 911 ambulance and police. Then I would sue them for age discrimination and post on instant media (although I would not, but that put the fear into them).. Finally a manager, overlooked their policy.

As we age more (I"m not far behind you) I realize we can no longer take the emotional stress, we did 10 years ago.  You should not have had to go thru the ordeal you did to get fair service.

A real letter to Yamaha after the ordeal is over, clearly stating the issues, will carry more weight..  Bad publicity seems to be the best way to correct injustices anymore. 

8t8KEEZ

« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2018, 12:18:25 AM »
Here's the bottom line with Guitar Center - and trust me - ALL of the Guitar Centers in Southern California, in my vicinity, and there's probably 5 or 6 of them, "know" me quite well ... and I honestly don't care...

IF you bought the keyboard "new", then, it should have come with:

• Keyboard
    Manual
    Power Plug
    2 x music stand bracket inserts
    1 x music stand

The box should have been "factory sealed", as well.

Since you did NOT receive these items, you are within your rights, to march that RIGHT back to them and demand a refund (NOT a store credit - they tend to like to LOCK you in to a store credit) ...

BEFORE you do that - You can tell them, "I'm bringing the keyboard back, I'm going to provide negative feedback on your store, I'm going to report your store to Guitar Center corporate, AND I'm going to report your store to BBB (better business bureau) for "Switch and Bait", and I might consider suing your store for age discrimination.

HOWEVER - before you do this, Yamaha isn't really going to help you .... "yes" they will probably send you the missing parts ... However, there's a bigger issue at hand ... The fact Guitar Center did this to you in the first place ... and I'm of the suspicion it's due to the fact that you aren't a young kid .... but, more of a "Young at Heart" individual .... :)

I take the approach - If I don't like it - It's going back. AND I "check" everything before I walk out of the store with it ... if it's missing something, I demand a "new" one ... In fact, I will process an "exchange" right then and there ... and if they don't like that ... then I simply process a full "refund" ... period ... and tell them, "No problem - I'll purchase it from Sam Ash, OR Amazon..."

In all honesty, they want your business ... No doubt ... especially at the price the Genos goes for ... So, it's not like they don't want it ... Problem is, they have "punks" that work in those stores, and frankly, could give a hoot about anybody else that is NOT LIKE them.

So - You still have some options here, if you are still within your 45 day return window.

IF they charged you full price - You could ask for a partial refund OR a 10 or 15% discount... and I would go to "Corporate" for this and NOT the store.

Write out what you want to say, and read your concerns to somebody who can actually help you out. Make your concerns known ... If you don't, GC will do this to others ... take advantage and keep doing it.

One more thing - You don't have to go to the SAME Guitar Center regarding this situation ... You can go to a different Guitar Center ... You might have better luck in getting their input ... and then, go back and tell the original guitar center you are making your rounds...

Don't let them stare you down - Bring somebody with you who you feel could be your confidant, and just let them know what's going on, and give them the background, so, if needed, they can step in and speak for you ... There's absolutely nothing wrong with having a Guido with you.... ;)

Any ways .... so sorry you are going through this Gloria ... Maybe by now all is worked out ... but ... this bugs me to no end....

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2018, 12:18:55 AM »
Glad you were able to resolve this.

Love ya,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2018, 01:12:53 AM »
As we age more (I"m not far behind you) I realize we can no longer take the emotional stress, we did 10 years ago

On the contrary...the older I get the less bull**** I take from the young punks working at these stores. I just turned 65 (*** still can't believe where the time went) and I'll be darned if some young 19 year old, still wet behind the ears is going to quote policy to me. I'll move up the ladder to someone with whom I could have easily played with in a 1950s sandbox. He or she speaks my language and doesn't have their nose buried in a cell phone 24/7.

Fortunately, the store with which I deal here in Canada gives me the respect I need and we get on beautifully. In fact, they have out performed every music store I've ever dealt with. Having said that, Gloria - if you fall somewhere within my age group, kick some butt. You have earned the privilege!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

8t8KEEZ

« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2018, 02:45:58 AM »
I LOVE this! Totally agree!

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2018, 09:56:47 AM »
No time wasted, Kaarlo. We're all glad you found the problem. As for the "Clown in the white suit," forget that comment. You don't have the hair for it (LOL) ;D.

It seems we are all tasked with not only trying to become better musicians but also computer tech experts. Funny how the challenge to become a better musician has remained unchanged for centuries. It's the tools that constantly get in the way of creativity and productive practice time. I certainly love the Genos as a tool, but I sometimes loose a lot of practice time just making the thing do what I want. The good part is, the learning curve gets less sloped every day. When it flattens out, we can all get back to the business of just making music!

Hey LEE give him the make up that'll work!!! ;D
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2018, 02:18:22 PM »
Hey LEE give him the make up that'll work!!! ;D

Don't forget the wig! Sorry about that Kaarlo...we all still admire you!

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2018, 06:12:42 PM »
Don't forget the wig! Sorry about that Kaarlo... (No reason to be sorry. a good laugh prolongues life.)
...the older I get the less bull**** I take from the young punks working at these stores....

Thanks Lee,
Very good advice as always from you.  ;D ;D ;D  Enclosed what I tried to order. Unfortunately sold out.  :(   

Cheers

Kaarlo

[attachment deleted by admin]

« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2018, 06:45:04 PM »
Good one, Kaarlo!

Offline Toril S

« Reply #79 on: July 04, 2018, 09:45:18 PM »
LOL😀😀😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Gloria

« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2018, 08:18:44 AM »
BAD NEWS!  Yamaha sent me a music rack, but they didn't even know enough about their product to send any of the attachments to "plug" the music rack into the back of the keyboard!  So here we go again!  >:(

Regards to all, Gloria
PSR Performer Page

Offline EileenL

« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2018, 12:26:23 PM »
Hello Gloria,
  You do need to tell Yamaha that all you got from the shop was the basic keyboard and none of the fittings or speakers.

Offline zionip

« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2018, 02:55:24 PM »
BAD NEWS!  Yamaha sent me a music rack, but they didn't even know enough about their product to send any of the attachments to "plug" the music rack into the back of the keyboard!  So here we go again!  >:(

Regards to all, Gloria

Hi Gloria,

I am sorry that you have this repeated problem.

This is probably due to the fact that the "Genos music rest brackets" are not listed in the Genos part list published in the Genos Service Manual.  The Service Manual only mentions the Music Rest Brackets on P. 4:

Included Accessories
• Owner’s Manual
• AC Power Cord
• Music Rest, two Music Rest Brackets
• Online Member Product Registration

And P.8 Slots (For the Music Rest Brackets) in the diagram of the back of Genos.

In dealing with Yamaha customer support, did you show the following diagram I extract for you?

The reason that Yamaha customer support was able to send you the Genos Music Stand is because of its existing part number:
ZW773200 MUSIC REST BAGGED

However, there is no part number for the music rest brackets.  So, these missing parts will have to be addressed by Yamaha Japan directly - these parts are available at the factory but not separately sold / ordered. 

If Yamaha has trouble sending you the music rest brackets, the simplest method is to return your Genos, and purchase a new sealed/unopened one from another vendor, but then you will have to suffer from dealing with the return, and not being able to play the Genos for some time.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline badpuppa

« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2018, 08:32:16 PM »
Paul,

I found the music rest brackets listed on page 78 of the PDF Genos Service Manual. They are the last part listed on that page. They refer to them as a Score Stand Bagged, part number ZW758800. I think you would need to order two.

keep smilin’

badpuppa

« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 08:37:57 PM by badpuppa »

Offline zionip

« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2018, 08:54:28 PM »
Paul,

I found the music rest brackets listed on page 78 of the PDF Genos Service Manual. They are the last part listed on that page. They refer to them as a Score Stand Bagged, part number ZW758800. I think you would need to order two.

keep smilin’

badpuppa

Hi badpuppa,

I confirm that there is such a part listed on P.78 Genos Service Manual.  The reason that both the Yamaha customer support persons and I missed this is that we were not able to associate "Music Stand Brackets" with this "Score Stand Bagged".

If the "Score Stand Bagged" part number ZW758800 indeed is equivalent to the Music Stand Brackets, then Gloria's problem will be resolved very easily.  Gloria will just have to tell the Yamaha customer support person to order that part for her Genos.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2018, 11:41:07 PM »
Google search shows Yamaha part #  ZW758800 with this picture . . . .

https://www.thomannmusic.com/yamaha_genos_music_rest_holder.htm

It seems that part # ZW758800 is the correct part number for the stand brackets.

thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Toril S

« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2018, 08:25:51 PM »
Holy Santa Claus, what a MESS! Gloria, hang in there! We all pray that this will resolve!!!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Gloria

« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2018, 02:59:39 AM »
GOOD NEWS!  ;D  I FINALLY GOT THE CORRECT MUSIC RACKfrom Guitar Center, including the important "rest" attachments! I've been trying to get them to correct this problem since April!  I copied pictures several of you posted for me & these were so helpful in explaining the problem to Guitar Center. I also called Yamaha Support of Los Angeles, but members of PSR TUTORIAL were the essential ones in solving this problem!  THANK YOU SO MUCH!
  The next challenge will be to receive the 3 speakers which I've paid for & understand Yamaha has on backorder till Aug.

Kind regards,
Gloria
PSR Performer Page

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2018, 03:31:04 AM »
Gloria
I am so glad that you finally had this resolved.  It must have been extremely annoying to go thru what you just did.   Your perseverance finally paid off.  Congratulations. !!!!!!

In relation to the speaker you already payed for . . . . I would ask Guitar Center for a refund and you can buy the speakers today if you wish. There are vendors that have them in stock and ready to ship.  You can get them in just a couple of days shipped to your home.

Please see this link below as an example; Amazon has 4 sets in stock and ready to ship.  The cost of the speakers is $300 with FREE shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-GNSMS01-3-piece-Arranger-Workstation/dp/B0778STS6G

One important detail showed in the picture of the link above is that it shows not only the 3 speakers but also the little things (brackets) to attach to the keyboard.

Have a great day and enjoy your keyboard with correct stand.

Thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

whataguy

« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2018, 02:50:20 PM »
Can't hold back any longer on this issue and there is some good to say about the Guitar Center, and that is their return policy. In most cases their employees take the position of 'if it does not affect me, no big deal'. Having had a similar situation with my T4 purchase, which they could not or would not resolve, I merely purchased a new one at another store with the guarantee that if I wasn't happy just return it, no problem. So, I purchased a new one which was to my liking and merely returned the unresolvable one, no problem. I apologize for not speaking up sooner which might of saved alot of upset. Gloria, I would still do it for the heartache you have endured. Don in MI

Offline Gloria

« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2018, 09:41:16 PM »
Thank you Al & Don for your suggestions.  I did ask Guitar Center for my money back on the keyboard & speakers, but they said "NO, the back orders would eventually be filled, supposedly in Aug."  That is what I've also been hearing from others. Hopefully I won't have another hurdle to jump after finally getting the correct music rack & brackets! ::)

Gloria
PSR Performer Page