Author Topic: Hello to Everyone  (Read 4707 times)

Preset

Hello to Everyone
« on: May 14, 2018, 05:29:04 PM »
Hello everyone.

I own a PSR E443, which I have owned for over a year now.  I thought it might be time I signed up here to get some more ideas and may get some answers back from any questions I have with the keyboard.  Well I was an organ player back in my school days.  Years after moving out of home, bit of travel and living in apartments.  I decided it was time to buy a keyboard.   

I had my eye on Yamaha and decided to aim for a mid-priced beginner-intermediate keyboard.  I was concerned that a 88 key keyboard may be too big for my place.  I decided also not to spend a lot of money on a more advanced keyboard.  In case I would come to the realization of not really playing for years.  That I may have lost my interest.  Was wrong there.

It was a bit of a learning experience when buying.  All the different types.  One thing was,  I did not want one with lots of dials and knobs.  Like some of the other brands.  I knew my preference in sound and play style had changed since school.  I like mostly keyboard instrument sounds such as; pianos, electric pianos, clavinet, organs and some synths.  Then a range of other instruments as backing.  I think the keyboard I purchased does well for this.  A bit of sound tweaking and combination gets some good results.  A good external speaker makes some really nice sound.  Same with the studio headphones I have. 

I've since owning my keyboard,  mostly concentrated on playing accompaniment style, with this time little emphasis on melody.  I'm a Fleetwood Mac fan.  I've been working on a couple of songs.  Making backing tracks using the LMMS program and a USB connection from my computer.  Loads of experimenting with playing styles and instrument sounds. Loads of learning from listening to Youtube videos of performances.   Have learned a bit with Midi sounds and X-Glite also.

As I said before.  I had concerns with buying a full-sized keyboard and more expensive one.  I'm very happy to keep playing the PSR E443.    I still have a lot of exploring to do.  However I think, when I really feel  it is time to move on and I have the cash.  I might step up to something like the MX88.

Cheers 

Preset (Scott) 

ekurburski

Re: Hello to Everyone
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 01:32:51 AM »
Welcome aboard.  Be sure to check out the main tutorial site.  Much good info there.

Offline panos

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 03:06:23 AM »
Wellcome to the forum Scott  :)

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 03:10:42 AM »
Welcome Scott😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline MINKYCATS

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 03:28:26 AM »
Welcome to the forum Scott.

You’ll get all the help you need from the incredibly knowledgeable and helpful people here.

Enjoy yourself here.

Trevor (MINKYCATS)
Yamaha AR100 organ:  Genos
Previous: Hammond C3 with PR40 tone cabinet, Yamaha E30, Technics SX-EX60, Yamaha EL70, Technics KN7000, Tyros 5 - 61 and others.

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 05:03:35 AM »
Hi Scott,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for becoming a member.  I’m sure you'll learn a great deal about your new PSR-E443 keyboard here on the forum and will experience many pleasurable hours playing it.

You’ll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there.  This link will take you to the Home page of the website: http://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, which will include lifetime membership, other forum boards will become available to you, as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge; however, there is absolutely no obligation to do so.  You may also use the following link to discover the full benefit of becoming a Supporting Member of the PSR Tutorial.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

You’ll also gain access to an Excel Song Index database, made available to supporting members by our good friend Peter (XeeniX), which presently contains 52,000 plus song titles in over 1,000 indexed books.  This index is updated often.

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the websites resources, which can be found at the following link:

http://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

Joe Waters updated “Supporting the PSR Tutorial”, on August 27, 2017, which can be found here:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/index.html

We’re so glad you've decided to become a member and very happy you've decided to become a part of this great forum family.  If you have any questions, then please just ask.  Many of our members are always very willing to help you.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page